Glossop Caravans........πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Timanita

Hi all,

Β 

After many months on here and many months of waiting for our van, it finally arrived on 7th Feb, now. ....due to quite a lot of negatives on here about poor customer service from basically everyone in the caravan industry. ...I was dreading having even the smallest issue with the delivery and the van it's self, but how wrong could I be, it's very rare now in ANY field of customer service where the standards exceed the customer expectations but believe me Glossops are the exception . ....

Β 

From delivery to sorting a few small niggles, the service and communication from glossops staff couldn't be better! Every call returned promptly, the 3 niggles we had ( missing cushions, sticking cupboard lock,and a missing jack) where all sorted within 3 days of me informing them, does it get better than that. ..?

Β 

So hats of to the team at Glossops, I couldn't recommend them enough, let's hope the industry in General can take a leaf from their book. ...

Β 

Cheers

Β 

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Hi all,

After many months on here and many months of waiting for our van, it finally arrived on 7th Feb, now. ....due to quite a lot of negatives on here about poor customer service from basically everyone in the caravan industry. ...I was dreading having even the smallest issue with the delivery and the van it's self, but how wrong could I be, it's very rare now in ANY field of customer service where the standards exceed the customer expectations but believe me Glossops are the exception . ....

From delivery to sorting a few small niggles, the service and communication from glossops staff couldn't be better! Every call returned promptly, the 3 niggles we had ( missing cushions, sticking cupboard lock,and a missing jack) where all sorted within 3 days of me informing them, does it get better than that. ..?

So hats of to the team at Glossops, I couldn't recommend them enough, let's hope the industry in General can take a leaf from their book. ...

Cheers

Tim

No PDI check. .....great service!

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

Β 

I,too,have had nothing but good service from Glossop Caravans.

So that's at least three of us

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling aΒ 2011Β Sterling Eccles Moonstone

No PDI check. .....great service!

Oh, I thought that was the customers job? :)

Alan

Β 

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ESΒ Β 2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Don't you just love it when people even try and make a negative from a positive . .....

Β 

Probably need to go out more. ...real life getters. ....

I was at a dealers ( now out of business) 20 years ago where a customer rang in to say his gas pipes were not connected, on a new Bailey. ..he was told ' get your plumber in to connect and send us the bill'...........PDI no. ..

Β 

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I,too,have had nothing but good service from Glossop Caravans.

Β 

Ditto. Still got their 10% discount card.

Edited by stevew1

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I'm on my second van from Glossop caravans had nothing but great service for the previous 5 years.

There is quite a good following from the anti Glossop brigade so anything you feel positive and excited about will always be turned around into a negative, enjoy your van :)

I'm not being negative about any particular dealer. It just annoys me that when you pay for a new caravan it includes a PDI yet the PDI doesn't always get done! If they have missed 3 obvious things what else have they missed/not done. ....it makes me wonder.

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

Β 

Β 

β€œHave no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.”

I'm not being negative about any particular dealer. It just annoys me that when you pay for a new caravan it includes a PDI yet the PDI doesn't always get done! If they have missed 3 obvious things what else have they missed/not done. ....it makes me wonder.

From what I see I don't think PDI ever get done .

Olympic caravan services.
Approved mobile workshop covering wrexham northwales shropshire and west cheshire.

mob 07827738671 land line 01978 710 943

www.olympiccaravanservices.comΒ  Β  enquiries@olympiccaravanservices.com

Congratulations on your new van Timanita, but I'm afraid I have to agree with Caravanmedicswindon.

If the PDI was carried out correctly, they should have pointed out the missing items to you, not the other way around. Anyway enjoy your new van.

Admin

Why have you removed my posting?

I said nothing libellous.

I merely stated my personal verifiable experience

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

There's a tendency on here for people to get vety irate when someone disagrees with their opinion.

Β 

Dictionary:

Β 

forum
ˈfɔːrΙ™m/
noun
  1. 1.
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

yes, I've noticed that.

However, I never disagreed with anyone's opinion - in fact I confirmed with the OP that I also had never experienced poor customer service from Glossop Caravans - and then went on to describe my recent personal experience at that establishment.

Β 

I have an uncomfortable feeling like that when the cracking/buckling of Elddis panels was pulled.

It was an Elddis caravan I was looking at but I didn't mention that in my post

Β 

I smell a rat!

Pete

So, as I was saying earlier.

I too have never experienced poor customer service from the named establishment

Β 

However, recently (last year) my wife and I were inside a large expensive caravan discussing with a representative of the named establishment when I commented on the bad behaviour of some of the viewing public who had brutally removed a piece of installed equipment causing considerable damage to the finished furniture board in the process.

Imagine my surprise when the representative informed me that it was probably one of the named establishment's technicians who had removed the component in order to fit it into a caravan which had been delivered incomplete from the factory, was now sold and the new owner wanted delivery.

Imagine further, if you can, my shock when the representative then told me that when the replacement component is delivered from the factory, it would be fitted in place of the one recently removed and because of its size, it would cover and obscure the damage to the furniture board and that no one would be any the wiser.

Β 

Obviously we shall not be purchasing our new caravan from the named establishment. - but then, is this establishment following any procedures that are not practised in such establishments.

Pete

Had one caravan from them, and I did have a problem but cannot fault the staff. Would i buy from them again YES. that says it all.

So, as I was saying earlier. ..is this establishment following any procedures that are not practised in such establishments.

That happens at all dealers and them that say it dosent are telling fibs .

Olympic caravan services.
Approved mobile workshop covering wrexham northwales shropshire and west cheshire.

mob 07827738671 land line 01978 710 943

www.olympiccaravanservices.comΒ  Β  enquiries@olympiccaravanservices.com

That happens at all dealers and them that say it dosent are telling fibs .

Yes, that is what I was alluding to and I hope it was implicit in my somewhat convoluted, second, posting - the first posting having been removed by admin without explanation or response to my asking for reason.

Pete