When Do You Start ?

Subneural

Just wondering when people drag their vans out and start touring. We are planning on going away mid March weather permitting. Don't know where to yet though.

Never stopped. Christmas and New Year near York, Cheshire and Lancashire next week. Mind I am soft, always go to EHU sites at this time of year.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Normally all year round for us as well but the van has only moved to be serviced in the last year due to health probs. Just started on some new pills and they seem to be doing a bit of a better job so hopefully the van will be out and about in a couple of weeks.

Normally all year round but unfortunately this year our last outing was over the New Year and haven't managed this year yet due to one problem or another. Planned to go this weekend but couldn't get on anywhere with hardstanding due to half term so left it (CL's a bit boggy at the moment). Hoping to finally get away 1st weekend in March - fingers crossed!

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Well January's trip was cancelled due to the floods. February is also a no hope for the same reason so far.

We've only lost a few days unlike some unfortunate souls.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Usually stop 28th December and start before mid April

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Good Friday tends to work for me. ;)

Earlier if the weather forecast is good.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I have to use my van once a month, every month for work purposes - cheaper than a hotel and wife and dogs get to come with me. January last year we were in 6 inches of snow but owner cleared the hardstanding for us and was out every morning thawing out the tap - it's a CL. Got stuck putting the van back in storage after a week only because of a stupidly parked HGV - the driver of which moved it after we got stuck !! Luckily managed to get the car (Peugeot 807) out of snow and then moved the van on the mover until a very nice man with a Jeep pulled the van on a tow rope - he had no tow hitch ! Did the last 50 yards on the mover through 5 inches of snow.

Restores your faith in human nature.

Finish 31st December, start 1st January. We use the van all year round and lover winter camping.

Try to go all year round but just waiting for the weather to improve at the moment.

As we have got older we tend to use EHUs and hard standings more now in the Winter.

Bill

We never stop, going away every month of the year. Only home today as I will not tow in high winds!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

when the weather gets better, i cant see the point going away in wet weather, when you could be nice and comfy at home in front of the log burner, i have to work out in the wet weather all week so dont want to holiday in it aswell

phil

We use ours all year - spent Christmas in it at Broadway but we've been a bit busy this year so missed out in Jan & Feb, but we'll be away in March, most of April and most of May. Hoping to get some sailing in June then we'll be away on and off for the rest of the year

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

We are starting just before Easter. Can't get the van services until a couple of days before we leave and also got a house move to contend with. Good thing about the house move is that I will have a nice large driveway that I can put the caravan on occasionally.

Try to use it all year, but weather ain't too clever. :(:(

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Start mid April and last one in November, never use the van in winter, not enough daylight to enjoy being away.

I've never seen the attraction in winter caravanning, not so much because of the cold or the rain but more because of the darkness. Why would you want to be stuck in a metal box in winter when you can be in your house with plenty of space to move around?

Usually we aim to start caravanning in early March and usually finish by the end of October, but it all depends on the weather.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Usually have February without going out to try to catch up on jobs around the house, other than that try to use it every month at least.

Half way through already, and instead of catching up I'm dealing with new ones, such as repairing the fence and gates due to the high winds, still what doesn't get done will have to wait.

Could, of course, be much worse. At least we're not in a flood zone.

Roll on March.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

As above we tend to go away throughout the winter depending on the weather. .....

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Problem I think will not be time or money for caravanning but finding a site thats not flooded or as soggy as hell!

We usually like to start in February or early March depending on weather but this year it will be 24th March at a site close to my daughter who is expecting her first child around that time.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

We normally use the van february to november, but due to a new born in october had to cancel the holiday, so it's not been used away from the house since august, but I often spend a weekend in it on the drive to make sure every things working. We're away in march with a 5 month old and a 3 year old, so hoping for some milder weather, if not we've got sleeping bags for the kids so it'll all be fine. Vans being serviced on friday so it's ready, lets hope he doesn't find too many problems!!