Stick Too 70S Or 75 Profile ?

kobelcokid

My bus needs new tyres very soon and the KUMHOS that are on at present seem too of shot up in price big time ROAD VENTURE 305/70/16 are like HENS TEETH post-50503-0-34268200-1392406661_thumb.jpg

Does anybody run 75s has they will be roughly 13mm/5% taller has next size are 315/75/16 and trucks is stable when towing HOBBY with present tyres

Can fit smaller tyres but they dont do the truck any justice.

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

Thats a question for the Ford F350 owners and there cant be many of those here. Id say its best asked on a Ford F350 forum. Youll just get inundated with stuff about speedo readings and insurance on here I would think. By fitting bigger overall tyres you might get scuffing somewhere at full lock. Most likely allright for normal road driving but possibly not for manouvering.

Those tyres do look awesome though B)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Have a look here and here

http://www. mytyres. co. uk/cgi-bin/rshop. pl

http://www. oponeo. co. uk/tyre-finder/305-70-r16-tyres

Still not cheap though also allow around £15/tyre for fitting

Tire Size Comparison

Specification  Sidewall  Radius  Diameter  Circumference  Revs/Mile  Difference305/70-16         8. 4in  16. 4in    32. 8in        103. 1in        615        0. 0%305/75-16         9. 0in  17. 0in    34. 0in        106. 9in        593        3. 7%
Edited by terve

Guest Benzowner

Larger profile could mess up your speedo, cruise control, if you have it, and may also invalidate or give your insurance company an excuse not to pay out in case of an accident. If you do change, tell your insurance company.

Are the tyres fitted original tyres as the vehicle shipped over from the US as usually they change them to a EU tyre to meet our standards over here on arrival.

As said I would check out some of the US pickup forums that are UK based for tyre info. I know US replacement tyres are not standard over here as I was looking for some for a US 5th wheel a couple of days ago and had to check out the forums.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Forgot to say I also read that if you try and import the tyres from the US they are impounded by UK customs as they are not "E" marked for UK roads .

dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Forgot to say I also read that if you try and import the tyres from the US they are impounded by UK customs as they are not "E" marked for UK roads .

dave

You can, but you have to declare them as 'show only' tyres.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Try Devon 4x4 They have Kumho A/Ts in your size. You could also look for the imperial equivalent 33/12. 5/16. I think it will be easier to find ATs than roads in your size.

some tyre manufacturers now offer a dual profile tyre that is in between say i. e 70/75 profile as some tyres become less called for.

we have 185,70/75,14 c102 tyres on our caravan. they are tyres to suit old transit size (plus others obviously) not specific trailer tyres.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

I Got truck 7 years ago fitted with Pirelle Scorpions AT 265/75/16 and changed them for the above mentioned KUMHOS Which seem to suit truck well and tow better .

Most dealers advertise KUMHOS but not stock that size anymore,i think i may CHANGE to ATs has there seems to be more choice .

Problem with having tyres delivered and taking them to a garage to be fitted works out more expensive .

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

It's not just size to consider but also load rating as everything US is high in loading.

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto