Sorry If Its Been Asked Before

georgeriley

True, you must tell them you have fitted a towbar. My company wanted to know that (LV, no extra premium) but weren't interested in what I was towing. Best tell them, give them no excuse to wriggle out of any claim, not that I'm cynical.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Yes definitely tell them and make sure they note it on your account. Most won't charge extra.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

As said you need to inform them you have a towbar fitted and that you tow a caravan even if they don't need the information you have covered yourself.

You could see yourself in court with the insurance company claiming back any money they have had to pay out in third party claims in the event of a accident.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I agree with everyone else. ... there is something called material fact within all insurance and it can be quite harsh. In essence there is a duty on the policy holder to disclose anything that may affect the insurers decision to set a premium or hold cover. This is also an ongoing duty so not just something you are required to do when you start or renew the policy. ... its when anything changes including modications to car van or anything else. The rule is if in doubt just tell them.

Failure to disclose material fact can void the entire policy from the start date whether or not the loss you incure was related to it. This is on occasion harsh and is the root often of why insurers get a bad press. Tell em tell em.

Failure to disclose material fact can void the entire policy from the start date whether or not the loss you incure was related to it. This is on occasion harsh and is the root often of why insurers get a bad press. Tell em tell em.

Voiding a policy depends on whether the material fact was a factor in a claim. Regardless, an insurer cannot avoid paying out on third party claims despite an undeclared material fact. In theory, any such payment could be recovered through a civil case against the insured person but there are no records of such happening. ....are there?

Edited by beejay