Lunar Clubman Saros Special Edition

chrisy

I see Lunar have announced a special edition Clubman for the Show called the Saros.

Apparently it's been on display at Campbells. Has anyone actually seen it? Unlikely I know due current weather.

Just found it on the Leisureworld website. It seems to be the Clubman SE but has a price of £22690 compared to the normal Clubman SE at £21695 so you pay extra for it. Given the price and the fact that the normal Clubman is well equipped I can only speculate that perhaps the Saros comes with Aircon as standard or perhaps full leather upholstery. Anyone else have a view on this?

VW Touareg R Line 3. 0 towing a 2018 Lunar Clubman SE 

I can't get onto the Leisureworld website to have a look. There's no mention of it on the Lunar website as far as I can see.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Had an email from Lunar today to say come and see it at the Show

Strange, I got a Christmas newsletter type email from them, but nothing recently.

Twitter says that page doesn't exist.

Just had the postcard from Lunar about there offers for the show.

All models from Lexon up come with free Truma mover etc, solar panels for Quasers etc etc.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

Try this.

Spot any differences except the decal? Not exactly a clear, informing shot is it?

Just had the postcard from Lunar about there offers for the show.

All models from Lexon up come with free Truma mover etc, solar panels for Quasers etc etc.

The 'Spring out of Winter' groan, campaign has been a heading on the Lunar website for weeks.

I've just had a look at the page that comes up when you click on the offer masthead and there under item 5 of the T&Cs is the only mention on the site of Saros '5. The Lunar Saros Edition is not included in this offer,.

Probably the worst communicated sales campaign for a special edition ever.

Is it just for a version of the Clubman SE or is whatever it is available on all Clubman layouts?

What is a Saros special edition, what makes it special?

I understand that it is only available on the SE version of the Clubman and the "upgrades" relate to seat fabrics, lighter colour cabinets and a large oval shaped roof light instead of the rectangular one. Full details will be on Lunar's website on Tuesday when the show opens at the NEC. Its effectively £2k more than the standard SE as you don't get the free Truma mover.

VW Touareg R Line 3. 0 towing a 2018 Lunar Clubman SE 

Yes I noticed you don't get the mover. Doesn't sound good value for money but I guess we have to wait to see the full spec. As you say its effectively £2k more than a standard Clubman. I would want a lot more than a fabric upgrade and a fancy light.

Hi all.

I've seen this at Campbells and it does have quite a few changes.

• New Graphics - much larger.
  • Blue lights in the grab handles.
  • Cream locker doors and other select interior doors.
  • Larger handles.
  • Bluetooth stereo and large surround.
  • Aqua splashback to the sink.
  • Larger front rooflight and a white surround with lights.
  • Loads of extra lighting.

Can't remember much more but it does feel different and should turn a few heads.

Thanks for that CP, I notice Lunar have added some Saros info to their website today and there are three Saros takes on existing Clubman layouts.

Oddly though there's no mention of the Quasar 525 layout that was illustrated in the CC magazine Lunar ad or any mention of the additional new motorhome that Lunar promised in their Christmas Newsletter would be revealed at the February NEC.

Ah!

A few details of the Quasar 525 can now be accessed via the Quasar menu on the Lunar website. Only one picture and a layout drawing.

Still no mention of the 'German built base vehicle' motorhome/campervan that Lunar said would be unveiled at the NEC.

Just found it on the Leisureworld website. It seems to be the Clubman SE but has a price of £22690 compared to the normal Clubman SE at £21695 so you pay extra for it. Given the price and the fact that the normal Clubman is well equipped I can only speculate that perhaps the Saros comes with Aircon as standard or perhaps full leather upholstery. Anyone else have a view on this?

As it does not come with a free mover it is nearly 2 grand dearer, I saw it yesterday and thought it was really nice, well thought out cosmetically, but whether that is worth the extra must be up to the individual.

We thought it was the best van at the show.

One thing though re this van and lots of others. Where the TV bracket is fitted above the end of the bed. If it was mounted closer to the edge of the panel and a slightly longer concertina bracket used, it could easily service both bedroom and living area without the need to dismount all the time. A missed design opportunity in my opinion.

One nice thing about the show that raised a smile. On the Isabella stand we were served by a young Danish man, l said to my wife he seems like a nice chap let's buy, he said, "well I am almost English".

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

New Saros SI ordered at NEC today for April delivery.

John.

Well done!

How did you reconcile the extra two grand on top of a standard Clubman? Did you get a deal?

Well done!

How did you reconcile the extra two grand on top of a standard Clubman? Did you get a deal?

I keep reading about this £2000 difference between the two models,list price on a Clubman SI is £21,695 compared to the Saros SI at£22,690. Yes we did get a very good deal at the show,but with the dealer we go to anyway,Grantham Caravans,the service we receive from all there departments was the only reason we would buy at the show. The salesman (Tim) we dealt with was never pushy with us and honest throughout.

The deciding factor to both of us was the spec and quality of the Saros,also the individuality of its appearance, plus this will be our third SI. It was not a snap decision, we compared it to other vans with an island bed,but nothing else came anywhere near.

John.

The £2,000 difference is because the standard SI is £21,695 with a Truma Mover fitted as part of Lunar's current promotion and if you purchase the Saros version at list price it's £22,690 plus around £1,000 for a new mover. Effectively that makes the Saros cost £2,000 more than the standard van.

New Saros SI ordered at NEC today for April delivery.

John.

Enjoy.

As I said earlier, we thought it was the best turned out van at the show. Although the show offer did not include the mover I got the impression from the salesman that there was room to discuss the price. Also looking at the Saros brochure, it seem there are other extras over the base model over and above the cosmetics, eg. Not sure if the base model came with Tracker as standard.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Enjoy.

As I said earlier, we thought it was the best turned out van at the show. Although the show offer did not include the mover I got the impression from the salesman that there was room to discuss the price. Also looking at the Saros brochure, it seem there are other extras over the base model over and above the cosmetics, eg. Not sure if the base model came with Tracker as standard.

John

I think that the tracker will be standard. It was with my 2012 Clubman ES and the other Clubman

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I think that the tracker will be standard. It was with my 2012 Clubman ES and the other Clubman

OK, the Saros brochure seems to list it in the 'extras'. Might be the way they are promoting it.

John

Taken from the 2014 Clubman/Delta specs page on the Lunar website:

Safety Features
AL-KO ATC Trailer Control System Standard AL-KO AKS Stabiliser Standard AL-KO Jack Delta Only AL-KO-Secure Receiver Standard AL-KO-Secure Wheel Lock 2 on Delta Models Standard CRiS Identity Etched onto Windows Standard Phantom Tracker Complete with 12 Months Subscription Standard Smoke Alarm Standard Unique Hidden Identity Tag Standard Remote Control Fob to Control Alarm and Awning Light Standard Snake Cut Key to all Locks Standard Security Alarm with PIR and Tilt Sensors Standard

Tracker with 12 month subscription included.