Status Aerial

Tyton

Hi we have a U2 Cadiz 2013. Can anyone tell me do the horizontal silver antenna pull out like I have seen on other status aerials? I had a play with ours and they don't seem to move. Apologies if this has been asked before.

Cheers Clive and Jill

They do pull out but are no use in the U. K. If you look on the Status website it explains why they are there. Don't' bother with them.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Ok thanks for that I had looked on the site but couldn't seem to find the info. Are they a 530 or 540??

They do pull out but are no use in the U. K. If you look on the Status website it explains why they are there. Don't' bother with them.

Can you enlighten me as can't seem to see any mention on the Status/Vision site? I though they were for radio reception :unsure: .

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Can you enlighten me as can't seem to see any mention on the Status/Vision site? I though they were for radio reception :unsure: .

They are for TV reception in other countries I believe. It does tell you on the Status website under instructions for use. Nothing to do with radio reception. Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Thanks

Sent

They are for TV reception in other countries I believe. It does tell you on the Status website under instructions for use. Nothing to do with radio reception.

VHF TV reception overseas.

Sorry John. Obviously crossed!

Mines a 530. I've got a scanned copy of the manual but too big to attached here. PM me with your e-mail address if you want me to send you a copy.

530 manual here

http://www. visionplus. co. uk/assets/pdfs/530_ENG/530_ENG. pdf

Brian

Except that on Baileys at least the fitted (car) radio is fed from the aerial amp, so if you want to improve VHF radio reception it does help to pull out the rods. Having said that the VHF radio transmitter may not be co-located with the serving TV transmitter and in horizontal polarisation the aerial is directional.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

If you use DAB then the rods would definitely help.

It's transmitted in the same band as VHF tv in Europe uses and in the old 405 line days the UK used, mostly for itv.

The problem would be that it needs to be canted to vertical for DAB which is no good for TV in the majority of areas.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden