Bathroom Windows

Why don't manufacturers fit opaque/frosted windows for bathrooms anymore?

Nothing like carrying out your ablutions with an audience. .....as experienced last Autumn on a site in North Yorkshire. ....

Been discussed before and at least one person preferred a clear window for the view.

I'm with you, though.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Ours is too high for anyone to see in but we can spy on them!!

Never too high from a distance with a pair of binoculars!!!!!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Been discussed before and at least one person preferred a clear window for the view.

I'm with you, though.

View of what----------------- !

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

View of what----------------- !

I'm quite a sight when stepping from the shower!!

John

I'm with you, though.

that one person was probably the one looking in :lol::lol:

phil

I like the clear window so I watch the world go by when I'm brushing my teeth! However if it really bothers you then you can buy a glass frosting spray at the DIY store which should do the job. It may be worth trying it on a bit of plastic glass first though!

I used this on my front door and it worked a treat.

Coachman Laser 875 . BMW X5 30D xDrive M Sport (G05)

Hi,

Coachman have a clear window ( as did our Avondale ) Got round the problem by buying a plastic storage box. It was made from frosted /opaque plastic-- cut this a bit larger than the window opening and left a gap of around 2" at the top.

I then marked the stay mounting holes onto the plastic. removed the stays put plastic in place and reattached stays/ window catches, these hold the plastic in place should you open the window. The 2" space at the top ? so that S. W. B. O. can see out !. Should point out the box was of the "snap together" type from a certain high street stationers, thin plastic sheet could also be used - "distress" the surface with fine wet & dry.

david

P. S. I do wonder about the spray on coating and caravan windows having damaged three windows with stickers, some times it takes quite a while to show that there's a reaction taking place ( I. E. window crazing )

We love the clear window - we've even changed the bathroom window at home to take advantage of the rural views

It does make a small space seem larger and gives our farmer neighbour something else to look at other than grass and sheep!

We also like the clear window in our van. Sometimes there is a view to the rear of the van and it also enables you to check out what's going on behind you sometimes!

It's no hardship to lower the blind when using the facilities.

Edited by Glen and Les

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Not sure I would want to use either on acrylic windows?

John

What's wrong with lowering the flyscreen or pulling the blind up a bit.

The last thing I'd do is spray or stick stuff onto the window. Acrylic isn't very forgiving with glues, paints or solvents and you could end up with a damaged or crazed window. Even non-sticky static film has plasticisers which can leach into the acrylic and damage it

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Not sure I would want to use either on acrylic windows?

Never actually tried it myself, but might be worth chatting to the suppliers to see if they can give you a definitive answer :)

Opaque or obscured windows hide very little, particularly if you have the interior light on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use the blind or the fly screen at least.

Personally I much prefer a clear window, especially when it is high up as in the S2 Valencia so you can see out with no possibility of your more private parts being seen.

Bob

Mercedes Benz E220 AMG Line Auto Estate and Bailey S4 Unicorn Cadiz

Those wishing to avoid overexposure might need to bear in mind reflections in heiki type rooflights.

Neighbours on adjacent pitch on a French campsite opened the rooflight over their bed at night to 45 degrees, due to the heat they didn't use the blind or bed sheets .

It was like a tv picture, but not the sort you would get before the watershed.

I bottled out of telling the couple, didn't know how it would go down. Just got used to averting my eyes.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

Hi,

Coachman have a clear window ( as did our Avondale ) Got round the problem by buying a plastic storage box. It was made from frosted /opaque plastic-- cut this a bit larger than the window opening and left a gap of around 2" at the top.

I then marked the stay mounting holes onto the plastic. removed the stays put plastic in place and reattached stays/ window catches, these hold the plastic in place should you open the window. The 2" space at the top ? so that S. W. B. O. can see out !. Should point out the box was of the "snap together" type from a certain high street stationers, thin plastic sheet could also be used - "distress" the surface with fine wet & dry.

david

P. S. I do wonder about the spray on coating and caravan windows having damaged three windows with stickers, some times it takes quite a while to show that there's a reaction taking place ( I. E. window crazing )

I had better check my caravan club sticker then ?

I had better check my caravan club sticker then ?

Hi,

Er-- Yes, We had a 520 genius ( coachman ) 1996 and on buying it became members of the coachman owners club. We placed two club stickers on the inside of the two small front windows. Years later ( about 2007 ) we decided to sell it and tried to remove the stickers. After a "battle royal " got them off --- to find the windows crazed underneath. Seems certain plastic's react with each other causing damage. Since then its been a no no regarding stickers on windows, indeed the Caravan Club do issue a warning about doing it.

david

P. S.- we found the damage hard to spot --- till we removed the stickers !

Edited by david 1220