Caravans For Free With Condor To St Malo

Booked a crossing to Guernsey and spotted a caravans for free offer with Condor Ferries, Pompey - St Malo. There's quite a few T's and C's but it might be some use for someone

http://www. condorferries. co. uk/offers/view-caravans-go-free

Bookings have to be made by the 14th Feb though.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I had an email from Camping Cheques office this afternoon with this offer:

Early spring offer

Spring is on the way, and why not make the most of it with our fantastic offer from Condor Ferries? Begin your holiday in comfort as you cross the Western Channel and arrive relaxed and refreshed, ready for your onward journey.

We're offering a great value return rate on the Portsmouth-Cherbourg crossing:
just £218* when you quote ARCO1.

Book by 28 March to receive this exclusive deal.

Price includes:

• Return ferry car & caravan
  • 3 Camping Cheques

Call 01580 214002 for further details or to make a booking.

I rang their office to find out more about it and also to get a quote for the Portsmouth-Caen route. The lady at the other end said that if we usually go with Brittany Ferries to Caen, we would really hate the trip with Condor on the Clipper! I tried to find out why but she was a bit reluctant to say. She just said that it was very different and everyone got crammed in.

Has anyone on here been on the Condor Clipper? It is a saving of £63 against the Caen trip, but would it be that uncomfortable?

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150

Has anyone on here been on the Condor Clipper? It is a saving of £63 against the Caen trip, but would it be that uncomfortable?

Good advise from the lady at the Camping Cheques office, there's a very good reason why it's know locally here as the 'Vomit comet'

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

Do you want to go via Jersey? Seems to be quite a faff just to save a few quid!

Is that a vessel where a caravan unit has to back off, or a long one do a twenty point turn threading inbetween the deck head girders?

Did that multi point shuffle once on a ferry, but only ever to be done once with an 8 metre van and Disco!

The Clipper is a conventional ferry that can take trucks.

Vitesse, Rapide and Express are high speed craft.

The offer is for Pompey - Cherbourg, not St Malo as I had originally posted - I read it wrong! Pompey - Cherbourg is direct, not via the Channel Islands and is operated by the conventional ferry.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I have been on the Clipper a few times. The ramp up to the top deck was a bit daunting the first time I used it but you can do a complete loop with the van on the back to drive off. Some people may find it a bit unnerving having to reverse into your designated parking spot The main car deck can take 7 lorry trailers side by side. A little problem with the decks are the lockdowns for the lorries some which can be awkward to drive over. There is plenty of headroom no girders to drive round The food is quite good in the restaurant and most of the crew very friendly Only problem I can think of is the fact that some vans can ground on the way off