Anyone Caravaning/motorhoming Tonight?

KontikiKid

I had planned an itinerary and so took the motorhome into work, leaving early afternoon.

Now in Notts and it is blowing a hoolie - I don't think I have every known it like this. The motorhome is rocking (stop it), the wind is noisy but on the plus side, a casserole was cooking whilst driving (slow cooker, stood in the sink, connected via an inverter to the engine power socket thing), veg is on and red wine ready, followed by chocolate cake and icecream!

The site is quite busy considering mid week in February,

En route to Dover for the ferry riding. Wish I was on the Irish Sea today - even the mighty MV Ulysses ex Holyhead is delayed - and he can sail in pretty much anything.

Hope everyone is safe. what ever the weather is.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Hi Russell, We have a severe weather down here in Kent. The ferries are running 2 Hrs late at the moment. Also keep off the M2 as it is closed from J5 to J6.

Have a look at this http://www. bbc. co. uk/travelnews/kent/publictransport/unplanned

All the best with your travels and keep safe.

Dave

Edited by doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

We arrived in Oxford yesterday and managed to miss the worst of the weather.

Had some incredibly strong winds about 2 hours ago, glad I'm not towing today.

Car: 2005 Citroen C5 2. 0 (was: 2009 Hyundai i10 1. 2 Comfort, and it towed okay!)

Van: 1996 Abbey Vogue (was: 1986 Ace Marauder 360 4 berth mtplm: 800kg, now dead!)

Author of the Caravan Buddy Android app

Thanks for the info - my friend in Ramsgate had mentioned it too. She said "there is a hole on the M2 and Kent police are looking into it"

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Thanks for the info - my friend in Ramsgate had mentioned it too. She said "there is a hole on the M2 and Kent police are looking into it"

Russell

OOOOOOHHHHHHH

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4