Calling All Fridge Experts

sampvt

Ive just been finishing off my new to us van, its a Sterling eccles onyx yr 2000/2001. It has an Electrolux fridge with the button igniter on the top right of the fridge. To operate it we are supposed to switch on the switch which flashes, we then depress the control button and when the pilot light ignites release the button slowly. The switch that is flashing, (the igniter switch) is then supposed to stop flashing and the fridge works. Mine does all of the above but does not stop flashing and does not cool down even though the pilot light is on all the time.

My mate says it sounds like the flame recogniser unit (probably not the right word for it) but if it is, how can it be fixed.

Im back to motorhoming with a scooter on the back again.

Clean the connections to the ignition box if this fails you may have to replace the ignition. You may also need the fridge properly serviced if it's not cooling on gas (and it's ok on 230v).

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

Thanks for the advice but where are these connectors, are they accessible from the back of the fridge or where are they. I have never even seen the back of a fridge or what the components look like, lol. .

Thanks for the advice but where are these connectors, are they accessible from the back of the fridge or where are they. I have never even seen the back of a fridge or what the components look like, lol. .

Then. ....get an expert in. I wouldn't touch the gas side unless I knew what I was doing.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I hardly think cleaning an electrical contact constitutes a breach of health and safety regulations. I was merely asking the medic where these connectors are located. As with all of us vanners, if there is a quick fix, we should all learn to deal with these little issues to broaden our horizons. Not all of us can call for the experts at every little thing that goes wrong. cost and time are prohibitive. If people like the medic are willing to help us then we should thank him and not derise his advice by calling 118 at every fault.

I am a golf professional and if someone rings me and asks about a quick fix, I will help if I can. I don't buy into profit before advice, its not that good for both the sport and business.

From the outside remove the bottom vent, on the left hand side of the fridge you will see a plastic box (it may be under an outer plastic cover) pull out the connection for the ignition lead and clean.

If still ng then try contacting an Approved Workshop, many are mobile and should carry the spares needed for a quick repair.

See link for someone local to you. ...

http://www. approvedworkshops. co. uk/search/

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

That's what call advice. Many thanks.

Thanks to medics advice, the fridge is working fine. Just needed the contacts cleaning and no expensive experts needed. This forum helps each other and its well worth the ask.

Well done that fella

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES