Mazda Cx5 - 19" Wheel Version. Tyre Shortage

Desmo904

A heads-up for CX5 owners. .....

Probably best not to leave tyre sourcing until the last moment, as there is currently a chronic shortage.

The tyres are 225/55 R19 V rated.

As my car is leased I am forced to go to Kwik Fit for replacements - they tell me the tyres are on MINIMUM 5 weeks back order from TOYO.

My local Mazda dealer was unaware of the problem, until I asked.

Black Circles don't have any.

Fortunately I have managed to source a couple from Tyreleader. co. uk (caused not a little consternation at the lease company, lots of "computer says no") :lol:

Apparently this issue is not new, as I discovered when browsing other forums. I suppose few people in the UK have tried to replace tyres yet.

Volvo XC70 D5 Auto SE Lux

Bailey Unicorn Valencia

I've got four spare wheels with nearly new tyres, around 1K miles on them, so I'm not concerned.

What mileage did you get from them Desmo, and was the wear even?

24,000 from the fronts (now 2mm), rear are around 50% worn. Wear is even.

Volvo XC70 D5 Auto SE Lux

Bailey Unicorn Valencia

That gives me about another years motoring by which time they should have sorted out the supply chain. Hopefully!!

Lunar Clubman SB

Mazda CX5 Sport AWD 175 bhp

Thanks for the heads up, just collected the wife CX 5 Sport the other week.

Simon,

Remember there are always the puncture that damages the wall which trashes the tyre.

24,000 from the fronts (now 2mm), rear are around 50% worn. Wear is even.

Thanks.

About the same as the Xtrail, but I had outer edge wear on those.

Dont know how much flexibility there is but the CX7's tyres are 235/55/19's. Think that this size is also used on Audi Q5 and Evoque so probably plenty about

330d with a Challenger following!

Dont know how much flexibility there is but the CX7's tyres are 235/55/19's. Think that this size is also used on Audi Q5 and Evoque so probably plenty about

I already get excessive side spray compared to the Xtrail with the standard tyres, so wider tyres will only create more spray.

One option is to buy a set of winter wheels on 17" rims, and fit the 225/65/17 tyres. But with a slight loss of handling, that's according to the chap I bought my 19" set off, he traded the car in on the 17" wheels.

Brocher12. I was trying to be positive! However, accidents will happen and I take your point.

Lunar Clubman SB

Mazda CX5 Sport AWD 175 bhp