Whale Aquasource......?

Timanita

Anyone used one of these, gives a mains water supply straight into the van.

I was thinking of a mains adapter for the aquaroll, but at £48. 00, it seems abit steep, you can get the aquasource for £44. 00 and it's seems a lot more convenient . ...

Anyone any experience of them. ...

Thanks

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

HI Tim

I initially used the aquasource on my Tempest but found the water flow wasn't particularly great so I tried the Aquaroll float type (as posted by Gellyneck above) and found it much better.

Given the choice I would go Aquaroll with float every time.

Davros

You can make up your own 'aquaroll float valve' type from suitable parts - but it might not be a lot cheaper.

I have an Aquasource - bought many years ago - and occasionally use it. Works fine (but with on-board pump caravans you need the pump on as well as the mains water to get the required flow.

:ph34r: How long before we get the doom-sayers talking about the potential for flooding your caravan with one, I wonder? :ph34r:

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Personally I would use the float system and I made my own up using parts but the issue was getting a spare aquaroll cap and drilling a large hole in it! Well it was for me! :lol:

I used to use a Aquasource and had issues with the on board pipework leaking, ( no I don't mean flooding!!) and have now converted it into a floe to pump out the water for winter!

Cheers Anorak

Swift Sprite Alpine 4 + Ford Kuga Titanium 2. 0 TDCI 180

:ph34r: How long before we get the doom-sayers talking about the potential for flooding your caravan with one, I wonder? :ph34r:

With all the flooding around at the moment, who would notice? :lol:

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

You can make up your own 'aquaroll float valve' type from suitable parts - but it might not be a lot cheaper.

I have an Aquasource - bought many years ago - and occasionally use it. Works fine (but with on-board pump caravans you need the pump on as well as the mains water to get the required flow.

Hi Rodders, I actually have one, they state in the instructions to turn off at the tap every time you will leave your van vacant for some time,as in case of flooding. I didn't actually doom and gloom it did I lol. Cheers Scoobz.

HI Tim

I initially used the aquasource on my Tempest but found the water flow wasn't particularly great so I tried the Aquaroll float type (as posted by Gellyneck above) and found it much better.

Given the choice I would go Aquaroll with float every time.

Davros

Agreed with yourself Davros, I think the water flow is much better with the Aquaroll type.

Look at all that great info. ........

Ok it's the ball and valve for me. ...

Thanks guys. ....

Is it windy by you. ..think me new van is gunna blow into the house. ....

What a great start that would be. ......

Hey Gellyneck great price on that kit, do you know if it's ok. .....?

Haven't used it personally but I know others who have. Having said that, seriously considering for this year.

Also wouldn't expect Neil at Caravan Shop to continue to sell it if he was getting poor feedback on the kit.

ps remember you'll also probably want to get extended drain hose rather than still having to empty the waste tank manually. Something like this http://www. thecaravanshop. co. uk/water-waste/waste-hose-connectors/convoluted-hose-28-5mm-grey-m-/prod_599. html however check the diameter required.

Edited by Gellyneck

I have been using a float type unit in my aquaroll for the last few weeks whilst in Spain. Purchased the unit with hose for around £26 on Ebay, It has worked a treet working with quite high mains pressure. As far as the waste side goes I am using flexable pipe supported on old awning poles and have used electrical tape on the pipe to get a good seal with the fitting purchased from B&Q . Still got a few more weeks in the sun before returning to soggy UK. :D

• 3 months later...

hi all im mew to caravans and a bit lost to why I carnt get a water pump for my old elddis 520/4 or5 as Iv been told by various dealers that ther discontinued but iv taken piks ov the pump housing and was told its a cristal mk 2 does any one no what I need

• 2 weeks later...

Dont get caught out when buying aquasource like i did! I liked the idea of not needing my water hog but when testing at home I forgot i have a submersible pump rather than on board, The only pressure i had was from the mains tap which was awful! I am now using the ball cock and valve system which works fine!

Well I ended up getting an aqua source ( a mate sold me one cheap) tried it this weekend and guess what. ....

THE PRESSURE WAS RUBBISH. ....had taken the roll with the float so hooked that up and it's back to normal. ..

I'll keep it as an emergency item,but like you guys prefer the roll and float system.

Thanks all for the info. ...again

Tim

I got an aquasource with my last van and used it whenever possible. If the pressure was low I used it to fill the onboard tank then switched to that for showering :)

I was going to sell it now I have changed van but apparently it will still fit even though now submersible pump so may hold onto it for filling onboard tank.

I keep reading worries about flooded vans but this has got me thinking - surely the only place you could get a leak is a leaking joint so if that happened with aquasource it could also happen with aquaroll - that's why I switch pump off when going out and aquasource tap if used. A float in aquaroll keeping it full would also flood van if joint leaked!

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Never had a problem with the pressure on mine. You do need to be careful though how you connect it as it sometimes can not connect cleanly and you only get a small amount of water out.

I thought I had an issue and all it took was to disconnect from the wall, press in pressure socket and then connect up again. All fine post then