Crossburn Caravans Peebles - No Warranty Work

camperlck

I know this topic was discussed a year or two back when Crossburn lost the Coachman franchise, but at that they were still allowed to service Coachmans and undertake warranty work.

Just yesterday I received a letter directly from Coachman, listing only two dealers in Scotland, neither of which was Crossburn and that these two dealers should be contacted for any warranty work.

I've just rung Coachman and they have confirmed that Crossburn can continue to undertake services but not warranty repairs.

To me this effectively means I shouldn't take our caravan to them for services, as inevitably any minor warranty work would be undertaken at the same time.

Anyone else think this is slightly strange?

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

It does seem a little strange. If however the van was purchased at Crossburn and was relatively new I would be returning to them as I would expect most works to be down to them regardless of warranty.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Interesting predicament for those who purchased from them.

Like Easy T, I feel your interests, if a customer, will be better served returning to them rather than exposing your protection under the Sale of Goods Act, by having "others" repair your van.

If push comes to shove, they are ultimately required to sort your van, irrespective of whether Coachman will recompense them under the warranty, but that ought not be your issue.

Best of luck.

Edited by JTQ

The dealer has not issued you with a warranty but a Manufacturers warranty thats is part of the T&C on purchase . Legally under the SOGA the dealer is responsible but you could then get into a legal argument .

Is there any approved mobile engineers in the area that can carry out the servicing and warranty work ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The dealer has not issued you with a warranty but a Manufacturers warranty thats is part of the T&C on purchase . Legally under the SOGA the dealer is responsible but you could then get into a legal argument .

Is there any approved mobile engineers in the area that can carry out the servicing and warranty work ?

Dave

I had an issue with a previous van whereby the dealer said that, at two years old, the manufacturers warranty would not serve in all liklehood. I simply said that was not my issue it is you that I expect to comply with SOGA. Whether you can get reimbursement from the manufacturer is your concern - not mine. There are far more minor remedials than major ones.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES