Any Good Reviews For Hastings Direct Car Insurance

rog

I have a very cheap quote for car insurance for Hastings Direct Premier Policy. It gives me all the cover I want and some extras much cheaper than my existing policy. The trouble is I cannot find any good reviews, only bad ones. Has anyone had a good service from Hastings Direct or should I look elsewhere ? Thanks Rog

Been with Hastings for a few years now and never had any problems - then again I've had no claims.

Very competitive wth premiums and comprehensive cover terms. Whenever annual renewal comes round, I check comparison websites and Hastings are only a few pounds more expensive than the cheaper ones with same cover and considerably cheaper than the more expensive ones. I usually phone them and quote the Caravan Club's "£25 cheaper" guarantee and they always reduce the initial quote to match.

Hi I went to Hasting this year as there cover is same in Europe as it is in the uk and give 90 days cover abroad without any notice

very pleased with the price and service after speaking to them on the phone about cover did it all online you can only tell when you make a claim how good they are or how bad the best service i have come across was Zurich a guy ran into me admitted

responsibility within an hour Zurich contacted me and did everything even took the car to the garage of my choice and left me a hire car

I took landlords insurance with them. I won't bore you with the long and boring saga but they were a nightmare to deal with, difficult to contact. I ended up with a cancelled policy, £25 apology and would not ever consider using them for anything again. There's a reason for all those bad reviews you know. Price is important but so is service and esp. if you have a claim.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Had Hastings cover for my wife's car. when someone ran into her, it was us who had to do all the running about. To make matters worse, the nearest approved repairer was 35 miles away. We could have gone elsewhere if we paid out the full £295 excess. Needless to say, we will be changing this year.

regards

Lester Rope

VW Passat 2. 0 SE TDi followed by Adria Adora 612DP Lunar Champ H621 - we have moved to the dark side

Thank you for the opportunity to stick it to them!

Still smarting over the £35 "administration fee" I was charged to change the address on my policy following a house move.

When I complained about the excessive amount charged I was told that this is how they keep premiums low - by charging people who make any changes to their policy [exorbitant] fees

Range Rover Sport 3. 0TDV6 HSE towing a Sterling Elite 560!

I had car cover with them for years. Good in a claim too - someone stole my wheels! I kid you not! They sorted collection of the car, a courtesy car and so on. Also, some years earlier I was with them when someone ran into the back of me. Again, they sorted the pick up, courtesy car and very quickly recovered my excess from the other person.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Thanks for your comments. All food for thought. It would be nice to find an insurance company you could rely on and stick with. Nothing worse than having to keep looking on comparison sites and then checking the small print to see what extras you have to add. Rog