Jeep Commander ... To Buy Or Not To Buy!

KateTP

Hi

We're changing our caravan to a Crusader Storm 2014 so would like to get a larger tow car to improve the tow match percentage on of our current vehicle with the new caravan. We've looked at various marques but are quite taken with a Jeep Commander 3L CRD Limited which will appear to do the job nicely with a 75% match. Any thoughts good and bad, would be much appreciated.

Kate

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

Try asking Commander Dave as he had one until about a year ago.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I think they have the Mercedes diesel engine. Good vehicle and plenty of pulling power. If it is pre-March 2006 model then road tax is reasonable. Get an insurance quote first before committing yourself.

Hi, as already said contact Commander Dave.

He's the guy to ask about the car,

Duncan

61 Santa Fe & 2011 Bailey Olympus 624

You'd be better with a disco 4

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Thanks all for your responses. PM'd CommanderDave this afternoon, he was very helpful. With regards to a Disco 4 unfortunately the coffers won't stretch to that after shelling out on a new van! If they would then it'd probably by a Range Rover Vogue not a Disco!

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

Read the what car review on the jeep. The disco 4 is fine for me whilst I save for the big range rover 😁😁😁

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Youd be better with a Landcruiser Amazon. Come to think of it so would I. Pity I cant afford one, I suppose the Jeep will be just fine.

I ran a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee for 5 years which is basically the same but with a different hat and 5 seats.

Whilst caravaner1 will always push you down the disco route (sorry mark you must be on commission) if you want a heavy 4x4 you can't go far wrong.

They are not cheap to run. About £500 road tax, 25mpg on a good day and about 20 mpg towing they are comfortable and in general reliable (if serviced correctly) and will happily follow a disco anywhere you wish to go!

I would imagain that the jeep is about £10k cheaper than a similar age and mileage disco so you take your choice and pays your money.

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!