Brittany Ferries No Frills Budget Service To Spain And France

Brittany Ferries have announced 'No Frills' budget crossings to both France and Spain, starting in March 2014. See here for details

What an excellent idea, although I must admit that one of the reasons we go to Santander is that we like the luxury of the Pont Aven. I travelled on Brittany Ferries' first purpose built ferry, the Pen ar Bedd which was mostly a lorry ferry and stank of cauliflower and broccoli so it won't be as bad as that :unsure:

Am trying to identify the ferry in the photo, but no doubt all will be revealed in next month's Ships Monthly (or even this month's as I get it after my Dad has read it!)

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Which boat is that? Looks familiar.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Already being discussed here in Caravan Holidays Abroad,

'Maybe Of Interest To Travellers To Spain.'

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

It's also of interest to those who are going to France - who may not look at the 'Spain' topic - and perhaps more so, as a long voyage to Spain needs more 'frills' than a shorter channel hop.

Edited by ValA

• 1 month later...

I've had the email. .. Bookings are now live! Remember my competition closes tomorrow for a chance to win a £100 voucher you could use for this!

http://mxm. mxmfb. com/rsps/wlnk/c/748/r/16218179/e/5626

Rob

Caravanless. ...

The thing we like about BF is the frills, even on the crossings to France its quite a long time and we enjoy the food and ambiance. Perhaps I am a cynic but I would expect an initial price cut to be quickly followed by rises that put fares back where they were but without the "frills"

Ryanair have a lot to answer for

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

Many thanks Rob. Although I did sign up I haven't had the email. .......

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

The no frills Economie service can actually cost more !

I'm looking at a week in France in September without the caravan. For two adults + car it will cost £198 return on the premium route from Portsmouth to Caen, where day time crossings both ways without cabins are perfectly acceptable.

On the no frills Economie route from Portsmouth to Le Havre on the same dates the cost will be £233 return, because the howeward service only runs at night and so the cost of a cabin has to be added in.

I found the same,if you have a dog you have to book a cabin and it works out a lot more than Poole/Cherbourg.

knarf

Judging by the return crossing I made to Spain on the Cap Finistere earlier this year I vote for the ship to be called "La Vomite Comete" :blink:

Land Rover is now back towing.

The no frills Economie service can actually cost more !

Yes, I'm looking at a few days in France with the bike and it was around £200 with cabins. It's not costing us much more with the caravan for our summer trip (courtesy of course of camping cheques).

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2