Caravan Club Mayday Farce

cogit

All those of you who are CC members will be aware that SsangYong have sponsored their various publications, including the Handbook, and the Korando was their tow car of the year in the under £16500 bracket.

I am changing my Suzuki Vitara for a Korando SE4 (AWD version) tomorrow and have spent a considerable amount of time on the phone to Mayday trying to get my vehicle details changed. I was told on several occasions that there is no such vehicle and they didn't even have SsangYong registered!!

After much discussion they eventually agreed to put the details in manually so I think I'll pass the matter to the CC for their comments.

Peter

All those of you who are CC members will be aware that SsangYong have sponsored their various publications, including the Handbook, and the Korando was their tow car of the year in the under £16500 bracket.

I am changing my Suzuki Vitara for a Korando SE4 (AWD version) tomorrow and have spent a considerable amount of time on the phone to Mayday trying to get my vehicle details changed. I was told on several occasions that there is no such vehicle and they didn't even have SsangYong registered!!

After much discussion they eventually agreed to put the details in manually so I think I'll pass the matter to the CC for their comments.

Peter

Is it because they have never been called to a ssangyong breaking down?

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

Don't be silly chaps!

They couldn't find it on the list 'cause it's on a computer and they couldn't spell the makers name properly.

SsangYong = SangYong

SsangYong = SingSong

:P :P :P

Gellyneck - I spelt it out to them and they still couldn't find it!! Didn't feel much like SingSong by the end of the conversation. Next car might have to be a Ford!

Point is that Mayday is the CC breakdown service and SsangYong sponsor their various publications, also having won a class in their Towcar of the Year competition.

Terry - let's hope you're right!!!!

No I had one and called them out A1 freezing cold Saturday afternoon, when I set off we had 1/4 tank of diesel within 10 miles had run out, tank still saying 1/4 full they arrived in 58 minutes with a can of diesel

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

Well they have had mine for 5 years without problem. .......spellingwise

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I just wonder how much involvement the CC actually have in Mayday. It's operated on their behalf by Green Flag so I think the CC part is just a marketing exercise for Green Flag.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Bob I think you're right. I have just heard from a CC staff member that Green Flag get all their vehicle information from the DVLA. If it's not there they have to do a manual input - it's just a shame it took so long. Oh for the days when computers worked for us - we now seem to have to do things by the rules that they set down!! It seems the more technology we have the more difficult it is to get things done.

OK so it is 5 years ago but I rang Mayday renewals from my mobile when I picked the car up. .....Registration please. Manufacturer. ...yes Which model is it. ...Rexton, yes fine and noted, new card with you in a week. ....

geoff

Wreally! ;)

Ah BJ you know that the new Rexton is the W model then?

geoff