1St Time Caravan

Scotash

We are new to caravanning and are in need of some advise.

We are going to the Caravan and Camping show this month, in the hopes of purchasing our first caravan.

Looking around the market, we have been drawn to an Adria.

We need at least 4 berths (ideally with bunks) and there are a couple of layouts that Adria offer that fit our needs.

I just wanted to know what other peoples experiences were of owning an Adria? This is a big decision for us and don't want to take it lightly.

Is anyone able to give me some advise on manufacturers that should best be avoided or any stories/experiences that you've had with your own caravan, negative and positive.

I have read uncountable reviews in magazines but wanted to try and get an opinion from people who used an Adria on a regular basis.

Edited by Grandpa Steve
2 topics merged

Hi Scotash,

Welcome and sure you will find plenty of answers to your queries on these forums.

If you have a read through some of the threads in this Adria section you will see what most think about their vans - seems to be hugely positive experience for most of owning an Adria and they seem to be selling ion ever growing numbers here in the UK

There is a reviews section on here with only a couple of reviews of Adrias but hopefully that will grow as more get them

Best thing is to find a layout you feel will work for you and try and see that model

As a summary for us,we have had an Altea 542DT for just under year now and love it. Ours is just over 3 years old and still in fabulous condition inside and out. It is light and spacious and airy inside (first thing everyone says when they look inside for first time), tows well and seems very durable as a family van. The layout is a personal thing but for us with tow kids 8+6, works brilliantly with the large fixed bunks and good size shower room

Good luck!

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I am afraid you are unlikely to get a new van from any British manufacturer that is free of faults. You can read horror stories on this forum that are heart breaking sometimes. So with 35 years caravanning experience behind me I would suggest that you just find the one you want at the show. But remember your local dealer may not carry out any warranty work as he did not sell you the van and you may have to go back to the factory. So before you go get the phone numbers of your local dealers and when the salesman at the show makes you an offer you cant refuse, walk away and ring your nearest dealer and ask for a price match.

In most cases as a cash buyer he will match it and you then have your contract with him.

Before you pick up the van spend an hour or 2 checking everything is ok.

Purchasing your first caravan is scary. I only went to the nec for a table and came out rather light headed when i came out having bought a new van. Its great that you ate taking your time and looking.

First of all look at ypur needs. How long are you planning to have the van, do you have kids? Children grow. will it suit you in 3 5 or 6years ?

Adria are great vans and very well built. My friend has a altea dk, i have a dt. Both suit are needs well. The dt has a bigger bathroom and comes now with a 2 bunk setup on the back. Biggest bunKs in class.

Look at all makes and models but remember the caravan needs to be practical. Frilly curtains look nice but do not improve your holiday. A microwave can be an expensive bread bin and how many people use a shower in a van, so is a shower cubicle needed?

Good luck

Skodapower do you have any pics of the new twin bunk DT? Is it a 5 berth or a pullman bunk over the dinette like the new 7 berth one does?

For our family set up the twin bunk DT sounds perfect assuming there is some storage under the bottom bunk

OK scrap that found the youtube video from Venture - wish that had been available when we were looking! Perfect for us

Scotstag the Tamar Sportline with twin bunks may be your choice

Edited by sunshinetours

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Agree with Sunshinetours, if the twin bunk DT ha been available when we looked, it would have been perfect for our family (2 girls). We got a DT and love it, whilst the large bathroom was not a big seller for us, we really like it now.

I pick up my 2014 sportline DT on monday!!!

After 20 years of caravaning and 6 new vans over that time, we have ditched UK caravans and collect our Isonzo 1st week in March. :-)

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

Hi Sunshine tours,

Sorry to have misled you. We have the 2013 model which is the triple bunk. I only mentioned the double bunk because Scotash was buying new. The 2014 has the double bunk as standard giving better headroom than the triple. The dinette has the pullman bunk over the top. Its much smaller and has a reduced weight of 50kg. The 2014 triple bunk layout at the back and additional pullman bunk makes it a severn birth. To be honest we would have gone with double bunk option if available in 2013. We have a boy and a girl (teenagers) and both needed comfy seperate beds, this was impossible to achieve without a heavy, long van!

I will take some pics of my 2013 DT next week to post.

Antony 1977 so so jealous of your Heki 2, prefer the 2013 upholstery though! :P (its still a great van though).

Edited by skodapower