Sportline P X 2014

R&B

Hi All. New on here but been caravanning 20 years. We recently sold our Olympus privately as we never used the end bathroom and since the kids stopped coming we 've not needed a van of that size.

Last week we picked up our PX from Venture.

We're lucky enough to tow with an Audi 3. 0 Tdi quattro cabriolet ( a superb towcar ) and always got about 27mpg towing the Bailey - about 1450 kg loaded.

I was expecting to get a much better consumption figure towing the PX which has a MIRO of about 1050kg. We had very little else in the van as we'd just picked it up and just had enough for the overnight stop near the dealers.( We live in S Wales )

On the home journey of about 135 miles I averaged 22mpg. .

The car was driven exactly the same as it was with the Bailey

Now I realise that wind direction and other factors can affect consumption but I was disappointed that my economy hadn't improved - I was towing approx. 300kg less and got 5mpg less. !

Has anyone else downsized and found differences in economy - either way?

All views will be appreciated - Thanks

Hi R&B, my dad had the other px next to you on handover. Glad you made it back to south wales safely. We managed about 28mpg towing with a 1. 6 skoda superb and 3 adults. It was a very windy day.

Edited by skodapower

I am surprised at your MPG, but it has been windy these last few weeks. I sold my Bailey last year, which i called a (Bailey Brick) due to the near vertical front end, for a new Swift which has the same rounded front end as the Adria . My Swift is heavier than the Bailey was, and my MPG with Auto Sorento is between 3&4 improved.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

A lot of the caravaners in Australia fit wind defectors to there cars bit like lorries have on the roof to make them more streamline. That is something I haven't seen in any of the major caravan accessories shop or any one talk about. which makes wonder why.

Are the Australians on to something or wasting there time.

Ps Go easy on the Aussies

Hi Skippydan, Had one back in the late 70s/early 80s it was called a Windslammer. Back in the days of none aerodynamic caravans it was supposed to aid stability and improved mpg. The best it did was keep the front of the van free from flies when towing in Germany/Italy.

Thanks for replies. Skodapower - I've been surprised at the niggly little faults with the PX. 2 new wheels needed as the originals were damaged. Faulty wardrobe door catch which is being replaced. Scratched hitch. Edge trim falling off floor-ceiling panel in middle of van-New one ordered from Adria. Kitchen blind needed re tensioning. Locker doors needed re aligning.

Venture have been very good though and have/are sorting things out. Excellent guy (Curtis) in charge of Adria parts.

Hope yours is all good,Best wishes,Roger

Hi Roger,

So sorry to hear about your problems. it does spoil the excitment about a new van when you have niggly faults. Glad Venture are sorting the things out and hopefully your be enjoying your new van soon. We are taking my dad for a 4 night break, so I will be giving the PX its first shakedown. Keep in touch and tell us about your travels as its nice to know what you have been up too. Forgot to mention, have you joined Club Adria? Its an excellent club, with direct links to Adria. I can honestly say they have some good rallies all over the UK.

Paul

The edge trim and realignment of locker doors (external?) is probably the biggest out of those niggles. Guess the hitch and wheels got damaged during transit

Hope you have many happy years in your new van

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

• 1 month later...

Thanks. It was the internal locker doors but they were sorted before we left Venture. The wheels were also changed before we left and the black plastic hitch cover is on order for me to fit. The full height panel with the peeling edging will be fitted by our local Approved service guys but apparently these are not allowed to service the van! Its a long way from S Wales to Daventry-I wish I'd known before I bought.

So happy. My local service guys, even though they are not caravan dealers,are on the Adria approved list. I've checked with Adria and yes,they can carry out servicing and repair work.

They are AUTOMASTER in Pontyclun. They looked after my Bailey for years and are really good.

So happy. My local service guys, even though they are not caravan dealers,are on the Adria approved list. I've checked with Adria and yes,they can carry out servicing and repair work.

They are AUTOMASTER in Pontyclun. They looked after my Bailey for years and are really good.

We live not far from Pontyclun and have spoken to this service center a few times, they seem great. So handy to have a service center so close to us that are approved to deal with Adrias. :D

We are going to take our van back up to Northampton for its first service and at the same time have a holiday up there, it works for us this year anyway.

We wish you all the best with your new van, its exciting times. Maybe we'll see you on the road with her/him sometime, we are always looking out for Adrias heehee!

1st Caravan was an Adria Sportline DK 2013 which we owned for just over a year. ....fab van, brilliant construction but unfortunately internal set-up wasn't quite up to our needs!

2nd Caravan . ... here and now . ... Bailey Barcelona 2014 . ....