Review: Camping La Forge

Andyvon

Absolutely fantastic small camp site if you want to have a totally relaxing holiday in this rural village in France. No shops, nearest boulangerie about 2 miles away but bread van calls in village every morning. And no public transport No pubs or restaurants, but all facilities are within 5 miles and tourist information and recommendations are all available on site. We want to keep it a secret but I think everybody should know about this little paradise in France

Colin and Ann are the perfect campsite owners and we were made to feel so welcome on our first visit in 2009 that we retuned in 2010 and 2011 and our 4th visit is already planned for 2012. Made friends with other campers in 2009 and we were very pleased to see them in 2010 and 2011,

Although the pitches are not too large there is a couple that will take a twin axle van or largeish motor home.

The showers and toilet facilities are one of the best I have come across on such a small site, The disabled shower, toilet room complies to all the disabled persons needs with grab rails seats etc and room for wheelchairs.

My wife tells me the washing machine and ironing facilities are brilliant.

The swimming pool which is fenced all round with a locked gate for children's safety is so welcome to cool off in.

Also on site are a couple of gites so that friends or family can holiday at the same location if they are not into camping.

Click here to view the European campsite review

• 4 months later...

Hi

Whats the address please, we have booked a camp site called La Forge but not sure if its this one.

maddy

• 2 weeks later...

http://www. la-forge-holidays. com/ Sorry for the delay Only just seen your request Hope that it is not too late.

Camping La Forge
10b Rue De La Forge
Le Gicq
Poitou-Charentes

Edited by Andyvon