Thetford N80 Change

GMD01

I have a Thetford N80 which doesn't work on gas or electric. Looking at other forums on this problem it seems that the exchanger is gone and cant be replaced, so another fridge is on the cards.

I am looking at the Dometic RM5330 rather than another Thetford. Has anyone changed them and if so what problems did you have, if any?

Both fridges seem to have the same dimensions.

Thanks

Hi, Have you had an engineer look at the fridge and tell you it's unrepairable, or are you relying on forum reports?, if thats the case you need an engineer to check it out.

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

Hi Metz

No I haven't had an engineer look at it. I have had it out and checked power is getting to where it needs to go. Heater is working at the back of the fridge on power and gas is lighting okay. Only thing left is the exchanger which I cant find online to buy. I didn't want to spend money on someone telling me what I already know, but you could be right and there is something else I haven't checked. Just not sure what it could be.