Adria Sportline Up – First Hurdle Complete!

Over the last couple of months we have been considering changing our 2006 Sprite Alpine 4 to the 2014 model. It has given us very good service with no problems at all, in all seasons and weather; just had to change the fridge burner and a couple of small wear and tear items.

I just happened to be looking at the Venture Caravans website and also downloaded the Sportline brochure, when the wife looked at the tablet while I was looking at the Sportline UP pictures. Wow she said, I do like the colour scheme of the front lounge, rather like our Sprite and the island fixed bed is far better, I explained the make to her; then she said, can I book tickets for the NEC show so she can have a better look!!! First hurdle complete, she likes them.

For me I do like the fixed bed and general layout, slightly heavier and longer than the Sprite at 1300kg which will give an 87% ratio rather than 82%, so no problem there. I also like the Truma 3004 gas / electric heater (same as the Sprite), rather than the combi heaters, better for rallies and 5 van sites with no EHU, keeps the van warm with gas convected heat and can save the 12v battery by having the blow air fan off, always kept the Sprite nice and warm that way.

So just a couple of questions to you all, my car has a 75kg noseweight which is no problem with the Sprite, a picture shows 2 gas bottles and the spare wheel in the front locker (very sensible), what nosweight are you getting? I only carry 1 X 6kg calor light in the front locker with the waste hog and a bucket with wooden blocks in, Safefill cylinder in car boot secure and upright. I just wondered, to keep the noseweight down, maybe put the spare wheel under the fixed bed if it was a problem.

The Sportline can only be purchased from Venture Caravans? Daventry is 135 miles from us, not a problem, there is an Adria Dealer in Yorkshire Nr Pontefract according to Adria website, they may be able to do the servicing to maintain warranty? Or I could ask them if they could get the Sportline?

Best wait until the NEC, she may want to order there!!!

Škoda Octavia Estate 2. 0TDi 4x4 towing a Compass Omega 482.

Hi CC

The Sportlines are exclusive to Venture I believe and as you probably know are based on the Altea with upgraded spec.

Don't think you would have a problem getting it serviced by any Adria approved workshop as don't think they operate like other UK makes for servicing only at supplying dealer problem for example

As far as noseweight again not sure anyone on here has same model but our DT with spare wheel, one Calor light and a few other lightweight bits like water pump and few wooden blocks comes in around 80/85kg depending on what we have inside.

I would suggest speaking with Venture and I am sure they can advise. the only issue with putting spare wheel under rear fixed bed is maybe how far behind axle it would be?

VEry pleased with ours and looks like new still after 3 years old

Do you have link to pictures of 2014 models?

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

The sportline models are excellent, however venture are not at the nec show. There staff are on the adria stand to give advice. I have a low noseweight but needed to move sparewheel to behind axle and limit stuff in front locker. However the quality of the van is much much better than any uk make. Hope this helps.

Thanks, yes I have the link for pictures, looks like a trip to Daventry after the NEC.

Škoda Octavia Estate 2. 0TDi 4x4 towing a Compass Omega 482.

I have an Adria Altea which as you will know the sportline is based on.

If i have just the one 6kg gas bottle in the gas locker I can easily acheive the 75kg nose weight by placing my awning and some other bits just behind the axle in the van.

If I have a 13kg bottle the awning etc goes to the very back of the van to achieve 75kg.

Tows well at 70-75kg.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

We got a better deal with Barnsdale leisure in Ponti than the deal on offer at Venture. Venture just didn't seem interested . Charlie and his staff couldn't do enough to help 5 star service.

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

• 5 months later...

Got my Altea Shannon from Charlie at Barnsdale. More than impressed with both him and Simon. They do go the extra mile and one or two problems I have had were dealt with brilliantly. The van is ideal for me and coupled with the service from the dealer has made this the best transaction I have had in 30 years of vanning.

We have a 2014 Sportline DK and like you have a 75kg nose limit. When we picked the van up from Venture in Hitchin the nose weight unloaded was around 120kg mark.

I was aware this would be the case so I removed the spare wheel and placed under side bunk, have one half full six kg gas bottle that was in the front and not a lot else, I took my awning with me and just positioned until I got 75kg I also removed front carpets and stowed bits of the pullman bunk that we wouldn't need in the back of the car.

These vans have so much storage that I don't miss the the room the spare takes up. When I has the van loaded up with out stuff for our first outing, the awning went in the car, I could afford to put a few more bits in the front locker.

The few times I have towed it had been faultless from hitch A1, M25 and M3 in rain and wind with heavies overtaking and I was even brave enough for the odd passing manoeuvres! We then went down the a32 to Wickham where we did our first trip. The A32 was a bit up and down pitching due to bumpy a road but it tows so well.

Previously I had a 91 lunar with the bunk right at the back stowed below the top locker and boy could I feel it.

I don't know if it is a combination of longer a frame and the alko hitch, I had bulldog stabiliser bar That makes these so good to tow but in a very long winded way. 75kg is achievable and they tow great with it. Slightly nose down but not too much.

Buy it now before they sell out