Tyre Pressure

speedykwack

Just checking the my handbook for the tyre pressures on my avante,the table says 60psi ?? Dunno if my

Ole wheezy foot pump will go up that far,are we all blowing them up to that pressure

toyota rav4 t180

2010 elddis avante 540

Yes we are mines 65 so its normal for this type of tyre, they are basically van tyres.

I have a Halfords 12volt tyre inflator and it really s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e-s to pump my tyres up. I'm looking for something a bit more capable. My foot pump is ok, but my stamina isn't!!!

Breathless David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I use this type plug in and walk away it turns off when pressure is reached.

Ring Digital Tyre Inflator RAC630

Hyundia Black IX35 Premium Towing a Fleetwood Crystal 148 5S 1987 Year Now Towing a Elddis Chatsworth (Avante) 564

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I'm confused. .....

In my Elddis handbook it says refer to information sheet for the tyre pressures. .....

On the sheet it says 39psi on the tyre is says max psi 54. .... Their blown up to 54. .....

And then speedy kwak says his are 65psi. ....

What's right. ........?

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Go from the data sheet, the max on the tyre is totally different. Different caravans have different recommend pressures.

My tyre inflator cost me 50p and is suitable for caravans and is always ready.

Tis my petrol station 1/2 m from my home.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Go from the data sheet, the max on the tyre is totally different. Different caravans have different recommend pressures.

:goodpost: 39psi on mine the year later on the same van its 41psi

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Timanita

The tyres on a twin axle have a much lower pressure than for a single axle. As an example for an Avante 576 (single axle) the pressure is 63 but for the 636 it is 39.

Michael

Hi guys

I'm confused. .....

In my Elddis handbook it says refer to information sheet for the tyre pressures. .....

On the sheet it says 39psi on the tyre is says max psi 54. .... Their blown up to 54. .....

And then speedy kwak says his are 65psi. ....

What's right. ........?

Timanita;

The pressure embossed on the tire is the max that should be applied to the tire and must never be exceeded.

The pressure quoted in your handbook is the pressure that the chassis / caravan manufacturer has calculated as optimum for that particular design application.

Use the pressures as stated in your handbook.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

Thanks all for that info. ....

Yep, checked on the tech spec on the elddis website and it says 39psi on there too, so that's it. ..

Thanks again

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩