Sink And Bathroom Waste Water Outlets

Chrisl300

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a newbie to caravans.

I've recently bought a Lunar Meteor 1994 2 berth caravan with an end-kitchen, and a toilet/shower/washbasin next to the kitchen.

Today I've been trying to sterilize the water pipes using a solution of Milton Fluid, as recommended in the handbook.

There is an outlet hose connector on the RHS near the toilet, so I connected a waste pipe to this and put it into a waste-hog, ran the kitchen taps and checked underneath and there was water running from somewhere. I then noticed that the pipe had broken away from the outlet, so that needs mending, however I then noticed another, newer looking outlet at the back, near the sink.

Its going dark and the van is standing on some very muddy ground, so I don't fancy clambering underneath tonight.

My question is, is it normal for such a small van, with the sink near to the bathroom to have two separate waste water outlets, one for the kitchen sink, and another for the bathroom, or might the previous owners have fitted a new one to a newrear outlet, and the broken one is redundant?

Or am I expected to cart around two separate waste water containers for such a small caravan?

Chris

Most caravans have 2 outlets but normally side by side So only 1 wastehog required

Wait till its a bit drier then get under and have a good look about to see where you could run them to So as they are side by side

Side of the caravan near wheel is normally a good place as on rear of caravan might be difficult on slopey ground

HTH

Most have two outlets next to each other so that one waste container can be used using a 'Y' adaptor. With ours the two sinks share one while the shower has its own. ....

Snap Rita :)

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

There would usually be two outlets - one for the kitchen sink and one for the shower compartment. They are usually situated together, either on the rear side of the caravan or under the rear, which is a little more inconvenient if you're parked on a slope.

I'm not familiar with your model so can't say exactly where they should be.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

If both are in use they are quite a way from each other, one being on the site, about halfway between the wheel and the rear, and the other on the back about 1/4 of the way from the left corner.

Good thing is that the water heater works, at least on mains electric, not tested on gas yet.

You can still connect the two into the same container by using a longer length of flexible pipe on the one - just make sure there are no sagging bits to stop the flow.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Two of my vans's circa mid 1990's had separate waste water outlets.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

The idea behind not connecting all 3 wastes into one final exit is to avoid flooding of the shower tray if the final exit gets blocked and you keep pouring water down the sink. (Messy) The sink and washbasin are about the same height.

If at first you don't succeed, it may be best to give up.