More ****** Questions

Timanita

Ok. ..I have an Elddis chatsworth 636. ... So it on a bpw chassis with winters off stabilizer. .....

Now. ..... Under the rear wheel, I was looking for an area where I can jack up the van if needed, and there's a big angled bracket bolted to the chassis with AKLO 1000kg printed on it. ....?

Anyone any idea what that is. ....?

Thanks

Tim

There's a pic of it

post-63409-0-58594600-1391954353_thumb.jpg

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

This looks like bracket for jack

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

I thought that. ...but why alko and what jack. .........mind boggling. ...

It is a bracket for an Alko side lift jack. I have two, one either side.

The jack fits into the slot at the bottom of the bracket.

Have a look on the alko website the total assembly, jack and brackets, costs £100. 00.

However it could be that you have a double axle so you might have had four brackets supplied at £100 and no jack.

Maybe ebay have something.

Edited by SuperJock

It is a bracket for an Alko side lift jack. I have two, one either side. The jack fits into the slot at the top of the bracket. Have a look on the alko website the total assembly, jack and brackets, costs £97. 00. Maybe ebay have something.

Does your bracket look like that super jock. ...??

It's a new van so no one has fitted it as and extra but there's no jack with it. ...?

If you go to the alko website you will see two different type of brackets, single and double, axle. I have single axle which comes with the jack.

The double axle just says four brackets.

You might be able to move one bracket around to the particular wheel you are trying to change but you will have to buy the jack.

Strange, because my van came with nothing, I had the jack from a previous van so I bought two brackets.

oops my eyes must be going.

You want Alko Part No. 1389235 at £132. 00.

This is for your van, I think.

One on ebay for £60

Edited by SuperJock

CT member David Klyne has an Al-Ko side lift jack for sale right now. See here for details

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/91553-accessories-from-our-caravanning-days/

Hi . .. David's jack will be no good to you . ....

. ... it's only rated upto 800kg . ... you'll need one rated upto 1,000kgs . ...

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

It is for the alko jack, are you sure there is not one with the caravan, mine was supplied and was in a locker

Tim,

I'm quite puzzled, you have a new caravan on a BPW chassis, but fitted to it is an Al-Ko jack bracket and no jack is supplied?

I think you need to ask the dealer a few questions, like who fitted it and why? Is the chassis new or used? Has Elddis fitted a chassis from a returned/rejected unit to a new caravan?

I'm sorry to suggest the above Tim, but I feel something isn't right.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I remember reading about this before, and it was said the BPW chassis had holes to fit the Alko or the Kojak as BPW did not do a dedicated one.

If you look on the 2014 brochure all Elddis are built on BPW chassis.

Edited by birdman101

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

I am buying an Elddis Crusader Storm, on a BPW chassis. It comes with a jack. When I was looking round a Storm in a dealers all the bits that come with the van were under the bed including an Al-Ko jack. Seems odd but I think the jack supplied with new vans is Al-Ko even though the chassis is BPW. As the OP van is a dealer special has the dealer not specified the jack from Elddis or just 'lost' it? If a jack was not supplied by the manufacturer, Elddis, why would the jacking points be fitted?

Michael

I assume it has one on the other side?, likely hood is being a dealer special the jack would come as part of package as the standard model its based on wouldn't have it, though double check this with the supplying dealer :)

I remember reading about this before, and it was said the BPW chassis had holes to fit the Alko or the Kojak as BPW did not do a dedicated one.

If you look on the 2014 brochure all Elddis are built on BPW chassis.

Compass are alko with alko 3004 stabiliser.

Compass are alko with alko 3004 stabiliser.

I did state Elddis range not Compass

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Yes Elddis range are on BPW chassis however BPW don't appear to make a jack for it, or if they do it isn't readily available . The BPW chassis will accept the ALKO lifting plates without any modification so most dealers fit the ALKO kit on their dealer special models . Sounds like as you have the plates fitted either the dealer hasn't put the jack in or you haven't found it yet ?! Check front locker, under seats under fixed bed . If loose carpets are rolled up under fixed bed check it hasn't been rolled up in the middle ?

I have just taken delivery of a 2014 crusader super scirocco with PowrTouch Evolution AWD auto mover fitted.

I can fit one of the Diamond locks no problem after shunting back and forth to line it up, but when trying to use the Al-Ko side lift to jack the van up to fit the other one, I cannot get it work properly. Putting the jack into the slot and then winding the handle doesn't seem to have enough clearance between the chassis jacking point and the side of the van. ..

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

I have just taken delivery of a 2014 crusader super scirocco with PowrTouch Evolution AWD auto mover fitted.

I can fit one of the Diamond locks no problem after shunting back and forth to line it up, but when trying to use the Al-Ko side lift to jack the van up to fit the other one, I cannot get it work properly. Putting the jack into the slot and then winding the handle doesn't seem to have enough clearance between the chassis jacking point and the side of the van. ..

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Not an easy question without a picture.

However it could be that you have to re-position the jack. These jacks have to be positioned right under the bracket to get enough lift.

Assuming you have the jack in the bottom slot? The brackets are designed to fit either way round.

I don't think you can have the side lift jack with the powertouch awd fitted as you cannot have the alko spare wheel bracket either.

I don't think you can have the side lift jack with the powertouch awd fitted as you cannot have the alko spare wheel bracket either.

Is it a common practice to fit an alko spare wheel carrier to a BPW chassis?

Up date, went back to the dealer today to collect the jack they forgot to put in for delivery, guest what. .. Gave me the wrong jack, when I brought it to their attention that it needed an alko jack they too where certain I didn't. ..showed them my photo of the alko jack bracket fitted to the van, and that prompted them to call Elddis, who told them that since the launch of the compass range (on an alko Chasis) they had started to fit alko brackets to BPW Chasis, due to as Birdman101 says "BPW don't do a specified bracket."

So they gave me the correct jack and were all happy and cleverer now. ....

Thanks for all the input. ..

Tim

Tim,

Glad you were able to clear that up with a satisfactory result.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I wonder if you have four brackets fitted?

No only 2 brackets, there the heavy duty 1000kg ones, lifted the van up last night (just for fun) worked a treat, both wheels off the ground on seconds. ....cool. ..