Volvo Assistance

ErnieH

Has anyone had experience of Volvo Assistance, it's provided with my V70 as it has been serviced by a Volvo dealer so I'm wondering if it's worth paying out the £95 for Mayday on top. I know the service provided doesn't give you a tow home or to your holiday. But apart from that it appears very good. Any comments would be welcome.

I dropped Mayday when I got Volvo assistance for free. Mainly because the amount of UK caravanning I do at the moment is minimal.

I use Red Pennant for overseas travel which covers me door to door.

I suppose there is always an element of risk not being covered when towing in the UK but that's a gamble I feel worth taking.

Incidentally, I had an incident in Italy last year which prompted me to email my local Volvo dealership with a question.

They reassured me there probably wasn't a problem with the car but said that the Volvo Assistance was Europe wide ( which I hadn't realised) and all I needed to do was call them they would arrange for a local dealership to have a look for free.

I didn't bother as I had Red Pennant. ..and the problem corrected itself anyway.

But useful to have . ...if you are not towing.

Not recent but did have my Volvo blow a fuse and stop. .rang Assistance who suggested that I contact the local dealer. ....did not agree and half an hour later a mechanic turned up. ..However, a similar incident brought someone from another area out in 30 minutes without query.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

If you have a problem with your caravan whilst towing volvo won't help

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

If you have a problem with your caravan whilst towing volvo won't help

:goodpost: So the OP might as well dump Volvo Assist just as we would have dumped Hyundai Assist had we not sold our Santa Fe.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Volvo assist apparently only covers the car, altho' I read it differently but will return your caravan as long as the faults with the car. As it's free might as well keep it

John

I recently had the need to call Volvo Assistance when my XC60 developed a fault whilst travelling. They arranged for my car to be transported to the nearest Volvo dealership.

As there was a delay getting a replacement part they then provided me with a hire car until my car was ready.

I wasn't towing at the time so I can't comment on that aspect. But from their handling of my situation I am confident they are responsive and flexible enough to make suitable local arrangements, though I doubt that would cover transportation of car and caravan several hundred miles to home.

For me, I think it's worth having cover with the Caravan Club's Mayday or similar product.

I've got Mayday and for an extra £25 it gives full cover on my wife's car. I've also got Volvo Assistance, free as part of the service.

If my car breaks down going solo I'd probably use the Volvo scheme and save on any additional premiums with Mayday, but towing I'd probably call Mayday first.

Edited by Jimd

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral