A D A C Breakdown Insurance (Cancel)

langers8

Any one know how to cancel ADAC as I have upgraded my Arival with RAC to europeanThe reason is my wife phoned ADAC out of curiosity and couldn't make herself understood with the language barrier ( mindst you I can't understand her half the time ). I understand you have to inform them 3 mth in advance. ive emailed amanda wickes but no reply. " is she still there "

Any one know how to cancel ADAC as I have upgraded my Arival with RAC to europeanThe reason is my wife phoned ADAC out of curiosity and couldn't make herself understood with the language barrier ( mindst you I can't understand her half the time ). I understand you have to inform them 3 mth in advance. ive emailed amanda wickes but no reply. " is she still there "

Do you have a continuous payment set up to renew automatically? If so, cancel the direct debit.

If not, and there is no refund due, just let it run out. ........ then they will contact you. ;)

German for "please cancel my membership" is. .... bitte meine Mitgliedschaft kündigen

I have canceled ADAC policy you need to give them 30 days notice by email, it take a week before have a reply.

The email address is:- service@gks. adac. de all the best

I have canceled ADAC policy you need to give them 30 days notice by email, it take a week before have a reply.

The email address is:- service@gks. adac. de all the best

Do they give pro-rata refunds with 30 days notice as I can't find anything about cancelling membership on their website and a search there doesn't bring up anything relative?

I have just been looking at there email I am sorry it's 3 months cancellation ! Looks like they do not to cancelle. I cellelleld as I only have a mobile to contact them it takes time to contact a English speaking person on a UK mobile it's expensive!

In Germany it is normal to have to actively cancel membership. If you don't, but just cease to pay subscriptions, this will be interpreted as non-fulfilment of a contract. The organisation may then call in the services of a debt collection agency and this will involve additional default charges, so be warned.

Thanks Lutz I have problems them I was unable to renew last September so I renewed elsewhere now I am out in Spain I am unable to pay them you cannot pay by bank transfer so its cheque only I do not have one out here.

Thanks Lutz I heard that on the grape vine I've emailed them to the address Martin gave see how that pans out if not there is another way out. Just keep calling them out then they'll kick me out as they have done with other uk members ( so I've heard ) apparently this is why they're pulling out of taking on newUK memberships.

Edited by langers8

If you have the opportunity to carry out an international bank transfer by internet banking here are the details of the account into which ADAC membership subscriptions can be paid (don't forget to reference your membership number)

IBAN: DE19700500000004055830

BIC: BYLADEMM

In Germany it is normal to have to actively cancel membership. If you don't, but just cease to pay subscriptions, this will be interpreted as non-fulfilment of a contract. The organisation may then call in the services of a debt collection agency and this will involve additional default charges, so be warned.

Same in France but you have to give 2 months notice in writing, posted by recorded delivery.

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

Would that be the first line of action? In the UK a civil action would have to decide there was a breach of contract and make an award before any attempt could be made to "send in debt collectors".

I suspect the Germans have a logical approach to non-payment of a membership renewal and threats of debt collection would be far down the line.

Of course, I could be totally wrong!.

Would that be the first line of action? In the UK a civil action would have to decide there was a breach of contract and make an award before any attempt could be made to "send in debt collectors".

I suspect the Germans have a logical approach to non-payment of a membership renewal and threats of debt collection would be far down the line.

Of course, I could be totally wrong!.

The first course of action will be a reminder followed, usually about four weeks later, by a final demand note. If that is ignored the other party will normally call upon the services of a debt collector, often represented by a solicitor. Only if that, too, is ignored or refused would he resort to civil legal action.

In Germany, the terms of membership are usually such that it is automatically extended by another year if not terminated in writing within whatever the period of notice the terms and conditions specify.

Update to the canceling the email address posted by Martin L worked recieved a letter from them ( no email ) stating it will be canceled when renewal is due ( in German of course ) but I forgot to tell them to cancel my wifes part of the dual membership "SO" start again.