Well......it's Arrived

Timanita

Well we've got it. ....I have to say I was terrified of towing it,especially when the father in law pointed out how long it was connected to the Sorento. ...god it long massive, anyway all my fears where a laid when I found it tow fantastic, not issues or worries at all. ....

She parked up now out side the house and I've been messing round with it for 2 days. ..😄😄😄😄😄

Did the mods on the air ducts under the floor as suggested by the guys on here and that got rid of the draught (it was windy yesterday. .....) so all in all so far so good, just a question on the Autowatch 650 alarm, it turns on and off ok, but I don't thick the interior sensor is working. ..? Now the guy at handover showed us how to set it with the PIR off so it doesn't go off when Molly is in there. . (Dog) but I think it's still set to OFF. ... Not sure if I have to do something to turn the PIR back on. ..?

Anyone any ideas. .....

BTW. ..I have to say that the dealer Glossops, we're great, nothing too much trouble and they (Antony), ages going over the van as they knew we where novices, so fair play to them. ....Tahnks very much guys & girls.

Well we've got it. ....I have to say I was terrified of towing it,especially when the father in law pointed out how long it was connected to the Sorento. ...god it long massive, anyway all my fears where a laid when I found it tow fantastic, not issues or worries at all. ....

She parked up now out side the house and I've been messing round with it for 2 days. ..

Did the mods on the air ducts under the floor as suggested by the guys on here and that got rid of the draught (it was windy yesterday. .....) so all in all so far so good, just a question on the Autowatch 650 alarm, it turns on and off ok, but I don't thick the interior sensor is working. ..? Now the guy at handover showed us how to set it with the PIR off so it doesn't go off when Molly is in there. . (Dog) but I think it's still set to OFF. ... Not sure if I have to do something to turn the PIR back on. ..?

Anyone any ideas. .....

BTW. ..I have to say that the dealer Glossops, we're great, nothing too much trouble and they (Antony), ages going over the van as they knew we where novices, so fair play to them. ....Tahnks very much guys & girls.

God blimey some shocking typos in my last post. ......sorry. .

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

The instructions for the 650 is in my handbook.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Timantita may not have a battery in pir mine was in the document bag took me two days to sus it out, pir cover just pulls of and has a small round battery in it, keep hold of key, set alarm and walk in if it don't go off may be battery missing.

flynn

She parked up now out side the house and I've been messing round with it for 2 days. ..

Anyone any ideas. .....

God blimey some shocking typos in my last post. ......sorry. .

Great news.

Timantita may not have a battery in pir mine was in the document bag took me two days to sus it out, pir cover just pulls of and has a small round battery in it, keep hold of key, set alarm and walk in if it don't go off may be battery missing.

flynn

Surely if the PIR is flashing, then it has a battery, even when set in the omit mode as they are wireless.

Surely if the PIR is flashing, then it has a battery, even when set in the omit mode as they are wireless.

Don't think Timantia said it was flashing, you still get chirp when arming even when battery not in pir

flynn

Flynn. ..

Spot on mate. ....exactly the same issue. ..batteries in the pack, don't know why they took them out they where in there when he showed me how it works. ..?? Madness. .....

All sorted now though thanks.

Flynn. ..

Spot on mate. ....exactly the same issue. ..batteries in the pack, don't know why they took them out they where in there when he showed me how it works. ..?? Madness. .....

All sorted now though thanks.

Can you help me with a question pls while this is still fresh in your mind? - I have the same Alarm system on my 2009 Supercyclone and I have often wondered what powers the PIR as I have not changed the battery in the 2 years we have owned it and tbh I wondered if it was a wired PIR. In case it is not wired (which is what I expect), can you tell me how you got to the battery pls ie does the PIR capsule come in halves leaving one half screwed to the roof? or does the whole capsule come away from ceiling ir do you have to twist if off?

Advice would be much appreciated as I suspect I will have to change the battery soon.

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

I have a 2010 and alarm has battery backup in case main battery goes flat.

I believe the leg sensor has own battery and once flat you replace the sensor bur pir on ceiling is powered by alarm and battery so doesn't need maintenance.

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Hi volvovanner, yes the unit is in 2 pieces as you say, one screwed to the roof so it's just a case of squeeze and pull, the main body will come off and leave the back plate on the roof the 2 batteries (cr2032) are in the main housing you just took off.

Hope that helps. ..

Tim

Tim, very helpful, thank you very much for taking the trouble to respond and good luck with that new caravan.

Volvovanner

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

Apologies for the inaccuracy of my earlier information - I have checked the handbook and it states the leg sensor -

has a battery life expectancy of three years. When the battery becomes exhausted the sensor will need to be replaced.

There is no such information on the PIR sensor hence my belief that this was wired to the alarm but use of the wording -

wireless PIR sensor

and

transmit a radio signal to the alarm module

It must therefore have a battery although this is not mentioned in the handbook :blush:

I have learnt something too - apart from the handbook is useless :rolleyes:

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o