Maybe Of Interest To Travellers To Spain.

I think the price looks good if everything is right it's £200 cheaper, but I was unable to book a cabin wait and see. I would pay a lot less and make our own enterment.

Morning arrival in Santander looks good too. Saves rushing to find the first site in the evening.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

Apparently this is the ferry to be used, it is leased from DFDS lines.

http://www. directferries. co. uk/dfds_seaways_norman_voyager. htm

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Apparently this is the ferry to be used, it is leased from DFDS lines.

http://www. directferries. co. uk/dfds_seaways_norman_voyager. htm

If that is the case, this was an interesting comment from a punter:

"The cabin and the boat were simply perfect. No problems there. One major fault was loading the cars onto the upper deck and then having to reverse them to get them off. This slowed down what was an on time service and though the boat was not full of cars (although the lorry deck was pretty full)it all took ages"

Obv that wouldn't apply if towing, but something to be aware of if not

We had to reverse our outfit off Brittany Ferries Cap Finistere last year - it's standard practice but the staff are really helpful and walk alongside you as you go. Did take ages to unload though.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

this was an interesting comment from a punter:

There are several interesting comments on the web page. One that was of interest was commenting on the recliner chairs and how they were not very comfortable. A few years ago I used the Portsmouth/Le Havre crossing leaving at 23. 00hrs and docking at 08. 00hrs. I'd been unable to book a cabin so settled for a recliner. After the first hour I found it most uncomfortable and almost impossible to sleep in. That journey time was only eight hours. 26 hours to Santander in a recliner doesn't bear thinking about.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

is this Brittanys reaction to LDLines entry into the Spanish market ? as others have said, don't think i would like a reclining seat for this journey. Good to see there is some competition now.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

There is a big Brittany Ferries fan club amongst the ex-pats here, most will not use LD (at a third of the price) because they don't have many cabins.

While the reclining seats aren't the most comfortable things I sat/slept in, they are a lot more comfortable that any cattle class airline seat I've sat in.

I'm willing to bet that most of the BF Fan Club would take a free 12 hour flight to LA where they can't walk around, get a drink etc. if it were offered.

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

I've just priced it up and compared it against my booking I've already made and the economy crossing is almost 150 more expensive?!? I must be doing something wrong somewhere. I will be sticking to cap Finestre which docks in Bilbao, closer to my destination so saving a little on diesel too.

I travelled alone on cap Finesterè last year. You do a u turn on board which is easy and some people have to reverse their outfits to line themselves with the ramp to disembark. I had to do it and it really was fine, nothing to worry about. Did film the whole embarkation but lost the film along with all my holiday film when my computer crashed, I'm going back this year so if I remember, will film it as I am sure it will put people's mind at ease who are considering crossing using BF.

Edited by RobJS

Caravanless. ...

There are several interesting comments on the web page. One that was of interest was commenting on the recliner chairs and how they were not very comfortable. A few years ago I used the Portsmouth/Le Havre crossing leaving at 23. 00hrs and docking at 08. 00hrs. I'd been unable to book a cabin so settled for a recliner. After the first hour I found it most uncomfortable and almost impossible to sleep in. That journey time was only eight hours. 26 hours to Santander in a recliner doesn't bear thinking about

Indeed !!! that really would be cattle class !! That would be the sort of discomfort experianced when I was in the Army !

don't think i would like a reclining seat for this journey.

I think I saw somewhere that the vessel is allowed to carry 550 passengers. Cabins are going to be in short supply. The Norman Voyager is equipped with 12 2-berth cabins; 35 4-berth outside cabins and 62 4-berth inside cabins. .................... Might having to share a cabin be part of the "économie" package?

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I've just priced it up and compared it against my booking I've already made and the economy crossing is almost 150 more expensive?!? I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

I couldn't find anywhere to get a quote?

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

How strange? I definitely got a quote on there as it let me distinguish between the normal and economie crossing but it seems to have dissapearred now saying that it will become live in a few weeks. Maybe it's because of the fact of what I found when I did a quote?

Caravanless. ...

How strange? I definitely got a quote on there as it let me distinguish between the normal and economie crossing but it seems to have dissapearred now saying that it will become live in a few weeks. Maybe it's because of the fact of what I found when I did a quote?

I got a quote, and it was a bit cheaper. But, mx van size was 6. 5m, which is a non starter for me

I didn't see that. Non starter for me too but then again, I'd rather the cap Finesterè for crossing to Spain. It has everything you could want on a ship. People will complain that it is expensive but you pay for a little comfort but more so you pay for an easy ride to warmer climbs. I wouldn't do it any different.

Caravanless. ...