Elsan Points

cb1701

Been on some sites and the point to empty the cassette couldn't be better a favourite site of ours has perfectly crafted shaped cement benching down to what looked like a toilet buried in the ground a tap and hose (with double non-return valve on the tap) and quite low to the ground so tipping is nice and easy, but been on other sites and sometimes its literally a hole in the ground taps right next to the drinking tap ?

on one cl i went on i asked were do i empty the cassette the owner gave me a screwdriver to lift a manhole lid ? should there be some sort of regulation to how good the elsan point should be ? just interested :mellow:

I like the man-hole types, you don't get kids playing round them. I presume you have not come across the dug hole in the ground type yet,

(O what a treat to look forward to) LOL.

Volvo

I can remember watching Holiday Showdown, Shell Island where the camera crew filmed an CDP toilet and let the viewers think it was a toilet to be used!

When we used to Rally digging the pit used to be my Hubby's job, mainly because he used to dig Big holes for a living, how exciting. <_< that was a good few years ago, I think they stopped that practice just after we stopped Rallying. :D

Shiba. :rolleyes:

The best CDP I've come across is at Liskey Caravan Park nr Truro, it even has it's own hot water tap and basin for washing your hands, posh enough for the wives to use!

The best CDP I've come across is at Liskey Caravan Park nr Truro, it even has it's own hot water tap and basin for washing your hands, posh enough for the wives to use!

Oh i,m afraid my wife says emptying the cassette thats a mans job, but she doesn't mind help filling it, oh she'd kill me if she knew i was talking about her, but i'm the boss but don't tell her :D

Problem with the manhole ones is if you have a bad back or suffer from athritis. Stooping becomes difficult. Never mind Elsan points what about sites that have a "wall"`around their waste point and they expect you to lift 40 litres of waste water 2 or 3 foot to dump it instead of having a hole in the ground like on caravan club sites. Even lifting it over a wall two bricks high is a pain in the butt.

One very nice site we went to had a wishing well that was the waste water outlet and it had a wall about 3 foot high. Every time I had to empty the waste I had to get the wife to help me lifet the wastemaster. Don't they think when they design these points? Surely it goes against the Disability Act.

Sorry, Vernon, things involving chemicals and stuff like that are just far too technical for us poor females to understand! :rolleyes:

As I'm the one that always empty the cassette, I have spent some time at these emptying points in my short two years of caravaning!

There is a big difference in some of this points.

I do admire some of the building work (now thats sad!) that has gone some of these, like old toilets that have been abdapted etc.

I have been on a rally with a "pit", however I found it actually better to use then some site ones that sometimes are not kept clean, and are badly designed so it is difficult to keep clean.

I,m very gratfull to the person that invented the blue chemical though!

Tim

As I'm the one that always empty the cassette, I have spent some time at these emptying points in my short two years of caravaning!

There is a big difference in some of this points.

I do admire some of the building work (now thats sad!) that has gone some of these, like old toilets that have been abdapted etc.

I have been on a rally with a "pit", however I found it actually better to use then some site ones that sometimes are not kept clean, and are badly designed so it is difficult to keep clean.

I,m very gratfull to the person that invented the blue chemical though!

Tim

On one of the CLs we use there is an outside toilet. Easy to use and flush away. CC River Breamish site the wardens had attached the bottom of a milk carton to the fence to put the cassette cap in so no chance of losing it.

Mike

Archived