Coachman Fly Screens

ianplatt65

Anyone manage to resolve the problem of the gap between the wall of the caravan and the frame for the flyscreen/blinds. Have Emailed Coachman about it after querying it with the Dealer. As listed in many other forums, no response from Coachman. They need an new Email Aftercouldntcareless @ coachman. co. uk.

I can't understand why you would install flyscreens that er. ... don't keep out the flies.

Hi, We don't have a Coachman but, as a thought, could you not put some foam draughtproofing strip between the frame and the wall?

My question is who designed these new blinds ? We have just bought a 2009 Abbey Spectrum 540 which has the combined blinds. I appreciate no springs to lose tension but if you want the window open at night, (thinking ahead to the summer)you can't have the flyscreen down at the same time as the blind - the blind has large gaps at the side in the channels so lovely biting mosquitos etc will easily get in ! The only option is to use the flyscreen and the shut the curtains to get the privacy. The old style blinds in our bailey were much better as you could shut the flyscreen and then the blind on top.

Progress ? - one step forward, 10 steps back !!

Hi, We don't have a Coachman but, as a thought, could you not put some foam draughtproofing strip between the frame and the wall?

My question is who designed these new blinds ? We have just bought a 2009 Abbey Spectrum 540 which has the combined blinds. I appreciate no springs to lose tension but if you want the window open at night, (thinking ahead to the summer)you can't have the flyscreen down at the same time as the blind - the blind has large gaps at the side in the channels so lovely biting mosquitos etc will easily get in ! The only option is to use the flyscreen and the shut the curtains to get the privacy. The old style blinds in our bailey were much better as you could shut the flyscreen and then the blind on top.

Progress ? - one step forward, 10 steps back !!

Hi,

Hate to say it but having had caravans with both types of blinds/ flyscreens the mozzies & wee beasties just walk through the mesh------- as the screens name indicates ---- FLY screens, dont rely on them to keep out anything smaller ! ;)

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

• 1 month later...

Solved the problem. Bought 15mm diameter grey "pipe cleaners" from a craft shop. Just popped them in the gap.

Surprised no one else with a Coachman hasn't noticed the gap.

Solved the problem. Bought 15mm diameter grey "pipe cleaners" from a craft shop. Just popped them in the gap.

Surprised no one else with a Coachman hasn't noticed the gap.

Which windows are these on? The windows I looked at in our 'van didn't have gaps between the frames and the walls, although I didn't look at all of them

Ours have gaps, but they're not bothering me enough to want to fill them in - the brackets hold the frames away from the wall about 5mm.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

• 2 months later...

Anyone manage to resolve the problem of the gap between the wall of the caravan and the frame for the flyscreen/blinds. Have Emailed Coachman about it after querying it with the Dealer. As listed in many other forums, no response from Coachman. They need an new Email Aftercouldntcareless @ coachman. co. uk.

I can't understand why you would install flyscreens that er. ... don't keep out the flies.

Give Coachman a call and ask to speak to Trevor Baxter, you will be asked to leave a message but I will guaretee you that he will return your call, we have dealt with Trevor over a number of years and have found him to be more than helpful