Maxview Vu Dome

Has anyone got or tried one of these??

Having had a fully auto Oyster vision on the 5th Wheeler i want something similar on the twin axle.

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - The Wifes

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - Mine

2008 Avondale 650/6

Then get an Oyster fitted, I have it's great. You will be limited with a dome.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

We've had a Maxview roof-mounted dish for around 4 years. To put it into perspective, we've not been able to receive a signal 3 times. Before selecting a site, I check it out on Google Earth and Bing maps ordnance survey to see the lie of the land, including walks then, when we arrive at a site we try to walk around to choose a pitch and carry a small compass - I add that the satellite signal is not the only reason to walk about!

Takes no real time and is better than arriving on site then setting up a free-standing dish (which we had previously) often in rain etc.

Still, each to his own. ...

It might not be relevent but if you are thinking of using the satellite kit in southern France and Spain the current discussions on the new dish sizes that are now required would be invaluable reading. There are threads on this and other forums on this subject.

Edit: the positive spin off from the satellite changes is that for UK only use, the stronger signal means smaller dishes appear to be viable.

Edited by JTQ

Thanks for the replies guys. Haven't got any intentions of using abroad.

I can't stand trying to watch a freeview channel which is stuttering and losing the picture, always preferred sky in HD.

I'll miss the ease of the oyster vision but with my limited budget having just moved house the maxview seemed a cheaper alternative, plus it has twin output for sky+

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - The Wifes

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - Mine

2008 Avondale 650/6

• 10 months later...

Firstly, Merry Christmas to all.

Did you get a Vudome? If so, can you review it please. I might get one from Santa. ...