Argente 650/6 2008 Alloy Wheels

Mark the spark

I recently sold our Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel trailer to fund a house move.

Having now moved house I've purchased a 2008 Argente 650/6 to tide us over which is in very good condition apart from the alloy wheels.

The original wheels are the 5 spoke alloys which had a lacquered finish to them. The lacquer has deteriorated and subsequently the wheels look really poor.

Does anyone know what PCD and offset the wheels are so i could source some cheap similar ones rather that have the original ones refurbished?

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - The Wifes

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - Mine

2008 Avondale 650/6

Alternatively ring up a few caravan breakers. ........ ?

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Probably best to contact an ex-Avondale dealer for that information, such as Raymond James, who now occupy the old Avondale factory site.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

If you have the caravan why not measure them?

Why did I overlook the obvious? :blush:

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Why not just whip off the wheels and take them to your nearest refurb centre? About 30-40 pounds per wheel and they be like new?

Yeah I think I will get them refurbed. Don't intend using the van until Easter so have time.

2008 Avondale 650/6

Google wheel refurbishment bromsgrove, ignore the first three (adverts) and there's a lot to choose from.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

unfortunately they all do it, you may be able to do it yourself, IIRC on this style of wheel you can just remove the old lacquer, polish up the bare metal surface, then re lacquer them, the below article may help

http://www. ehow. com/way_5843979_diy-clear-alloy-wheel-refurbishment. html

Yeah i was thinking of flatting them off and spraying them with a rattle can.

Might have a go, if it looks bad i'll get them refurbished!

2008 Avondale 650/6

Yeah i was thinking of flatting them off and spraying them with a rattle can.

Might have a go, if it looks bad i'll get them refurbished!

yeah is imagine a fine grade should get the old lacquer off, use an electric polisher to polish up the surface, then just re lacquer them, should look pretty good TBH

Hopefully I am collecting the Van next weekend so I can tackle the wheels then.

Might get the dual action polisher out with some cutting paste and see what results I get. Might even post a "How to Guide" if you're lucky!

2008 Avondale 650/6

Picked the van up today, here are the wheels i was talking about

IMG_1603_zpse0b95e34.jpg

IMG_1604_zps10185e3f.jpg

2008 Avondale 650/6

That looks very much like just the lacquer coat has lifted from the 'diamond cut' alloys. We had a 2008 Avondale Osprey that was starting to go the same way within a year of new, but we traded that in before the problem be came too obvious. the earlier 'satin finish' alloys were not affected in the same way.

It should be possible to get them skimmed on a lathe and then re-lacquered, but it may be simpler and a lot cheaper to remove the lacquer coat and then paint them.

Gordon.

Diamond Cut Alloys.jpg