I Watched A Caravan Being Snowed

gumdrop

I watched a neighbour snow foam his caravan and wondered how

good the result would be, does anyone use snow foam on their

vehicles, is it very expensive?

What is snow foam and why would you do it :unsure:

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

snow foam is a pre wash treatment to help remove any loose dirt

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

It does seem to be a good way of removing the intial dirt without

scratching your car/caravan. A calm day with little wind or rain,

to stop the foam blowing about. Initial kit purchase is a bit steep

perhaps. A lance £40 - £50, 5 liters of foam liquid around £38.

not real indication of how much you need to use

It does seem to be a good way of removing the intial dirt without

scratching your car/caravan. A calm day with little wind or rain,

to stop the foam blowing about. Initial kit purchase is a bit steep

perhaps. A lance £40 - £50, 5 liters of foam liquid around £38.

not real indication of how much you need to use

The karcher pressure washer I bought for the patio comes with a snow foam attachment and I used that to spray patio cleaner over a 12m x 10m area leaving a good 10mm of foamed up cleaner which used about a cup full of cleaner. I did look at snow foam liquid for the car and you can get various makes from about £7 upwards but there is a little eastern european car wash who do a very good job for a fiver so haven't bothered. Edited by dave11a

The problem with hand car wash outfits is they need to get the job done quick so use very strong cleaners that remove the wax and colour from your vehicle. They also use as little water as possible and reuse the cloths so all the grit from previous cars scratches yours :o

I try to hand wash myself whenever possible - takes forever but is the only way to protect paintwork. It does depend on vehicle though - my son takes his 5 year old punto and has no complaints but mine is less than a year old :unsure:

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

5 litres of Ultimate Finish Snow Foam is £19. 99 off t'internet, just bought some to use with my new Karcher snow foam gun. ....Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

The problem with hand car wash outfits is they need to get the job done quick so use very strong cleaners that remove the wax and colour from your vehicle. They also use as little water as possible and reuse the cloths so all the grit from previous cars scratches yours :o

I try to hand wash myself whenever possible - takes forever but is the only way to protect paintwork. It does depend on vehicle though - my son takes his 5 year old punto and has no complaints but mine is less than a year old :unsure:

Not sure which soap they use but it takes about 25 minutes. The car gets a wash off with a pressure washer then sprayed with a cleaner ? rinsed with pressure washer, sponge soaped and cleaned, rinsed with pressure washer, sprayed with cleaner ? again then left to do the wheels then all car pressure washed again. Then you drive into the building where they use another spray then leather off the car dry, clean the windows in and out and dress the tyres all for a fiver. The car is 18 months old not a scratch or swirl on the paintwork and I take it there once a month joining the queue very happy with the results a lot better than I could do.

It seems that the Ultrabrite Karcher Foam Lance and fluid is a reasonable starting point.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/Snow-Foam-Pre-Wash-Litres-Magifoam/dp/B00GYC2VDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391785231&sr=8-1&keywords=autobrite+direct

Edited by gumdrop

Yes i snow foam the caravan. Start with gentle power rinse, snow foam, leave for 15 mins, gentle power rinse, snow foam, wash with shampoo with snow foam on the caravan, final gentle power rinse, wipe dry. Result one very clean and tidy looking caravan and NO scratches and it takes around 40 minutes. Not that much time considering the £'s investment that we have in our caravan.

I bought a karcer snow foam lace last year, I still found that you have to use some physical effort in the way of a brush or sponge to remove the grim. I give it 6/10. Need to do it with no wind or your neighbour gets all the foam!

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

I bought a karcer snow foam lace last year, I still found that you have to use some physical effort in the way of a brush or sponge to remove the grim. I give it 6/10. Need to do it with no wind or your neighbour gets all the foam!

Out of interest which snow foam did you use.

97e0c0ce3a0d34970e59edcced71f623_zps7c8c

one of my friends uses it, but he does keep is car quite clean.

Dave, i will Ask what brand he uses.

Valet pro pH neutral. he did say the Karcher Snow lance isn't that good tho. but as you can see he is a bit fussy. lol

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Thats the stuff I have been given about 1/4 left in a 5l container not been fit enough to have a go yet but if I get a result half as good as that after a clean and polish I will be well chuffed.

Edited by dave11a

I have a Karcher pressure washer but was warned against the Karcher lance

as it does not give a fine enough clinging foam (apparently)

I have a Karcher pressure washer but was warned against the Karcher lance

as it does not give a fine enough clinging foam (apparently)

I think it might be good enough for me as I'm not a perfectionist I used it to clean the slabs where the van sits with patio cleaner and had about a 2 inch layer of foam all over it which lasted a good 15 mins. Then a once over with the patio attachment as clean as new.

I've been using a snow foam lance and snow foam for a while now.

Use it mainly as a pre wash to soften and lift dirt etc. It's not intended to be used solely as a cleaner.

I then use a traffic film remover which can be diluted depending on how dirty the caravan is.

I apply the TFR using a sprayer and leave to work for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly. TFR has to be used carefully as it's acidic unless diluted and if left on the paintwork would fade and damage it.

The more cleaning you can do with chemicals rather than rubbing the paintwork of a car or caravan will reduce the swirl marks and scratches on the long run.

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - The Wifes

Nissan Navara 3. 0 V6 Outlaw 7 Speed Auto - Mine

2008 Avondale 650/6

Please please please do not use TFR (traffic film remover) on your caravan, the paint on your caravan will not stand up to it like that on your car, it will also ruin your decals. No matter how stringent you are in diluting to the correct ratio.

This has been mentioned on numerous threads in the past, not just by myself but by several members in the trade.

Phil

Please please please do not use TFR (traffic film remover) on your caravan, the paint on your caravan will not stand up to it like that on your car, it will also ruin your decals. No matter how stringent you are in diluting to the correct ratio.

This has been mentioned on numerous threads in the past, not just by myself but by several members in the trade.

Phil

I use it on mine, and the car, bikes, window frames, and the list goes on. I have done this for it seems as long as history.

Not had a problem yet, you just got to know how to use it, much like a pressure washer.

Wouldn't use TFR on any paintwork, or plastic, it removes any wax or protection on the paintwork, ruins Alloys, causes plastics to fade, each to their own.