Buying A Caravan

BOROLAD

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/ws/eBayISAPI. dll?Vie. .._Pr4_PcY_BID_IT . ..........pickett2005. ............im thinking of buying a caravan from this person as i live in teesside and he's based in exeter i know nothing about him and would be grateful if any member knows or had any dealing with this man i'm paying over £5,ooo for a van and my wife and myself are scared of paying all our saving without getting as much info as possible i hope someone can help in this matter . .... thanks in advance . ..........

Firstly, why would you want to make a round trip of around 700 miles? Surely there must be similar deals around in your area, which would save on fuel costs.

Secondly, I believe this is one of the Hobbys that is too wide to be towed in the UK, unless you have something like a van over 3500Kg.

See this thread

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums//inde. ..?showtopic=2956

Have just noticed it says the location is Essex, not Exeter, but its still a long way away for you.

Brian

First of all you have to remember you are using ebay and you say you are scared because you dont know this man but that is how ebay works. You very rarely know anything about the seller but if you look at his feedback he has had a lot of good happy customers in the past and he does seem to be a dealer in these kind of vans. If you are very intrested in the van and you cant as brian said find that kind of deal in your own area take a ride down and look it over first and you should be able to judge the seller then. I know its a long way but if you want this van (and if it is legal to tow ) the cost of the fuel to go and look is not that great if you are going to save money on the van. And it is better than buying the van and then finding out you did the wrong thing.

CHEERS DAZKIM

thanks for your replies as for brian i have no intension to travel 700 miles due to illness i can't travel the van will be sited all season about 30miles from my home it costs £300 to deliver to the site and as for a hobby i have no intension of buying 1 it was the first ad i could find of this chap and the caravan i am buying is about £2000 to £3000 saving on any thing i have seen locally i just wanted to know as much as possible about the man and if any one had bought off him . ...sorry mistyped exeter should be essex i have read his feedback and all looks good once again thank very much brian and dazkim

I notice that besides being very big, it states "There is no sink, shower or toilet". So you can cook but not wash up etc! This is not a van for touring. It also does not state if there has been a recent damp check.

Unless this is exactly what you want and is to be sited on a permanent pitch with these facilities to hand, I am sure that you could find something more local.

Roger

Guest Hobbybod

Such 'vans are called DRY 'vans for obvious reasons, and are sold to the travelling fraterity, who often have seperate WET facilities.

A more modern model will have toilet and washroom etc. built in.

There is R & G caravans in Washington Tyne and Wear, somewhere and J. G. Trading are in Bridlington, if you want to see such 'vans locally.

Remember that there is no VAT on these big wide 'vans; so take that into consideration when looking at the price.

Archived