Stewart Longton Caravans (Lancashire)

PB1950

Does anyone know why Stewart Longton have been dropped from the Bailey dealer network?

Skoda Superb 2. 0 TDI DSG Estate Elegance towing Bailey Pegasus Rimini

Probably selling vans bellow mrp I used them to get a price match of 20. 000 for my U2 Barcelona. In 2012.

Or may it not be the other way around??................does happen sometimes.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Is it a particular branch?

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

PB 1950, where did you find out they have been dropped? Picking up a new Unicorn from them next week! So may have a few questions for them?

Just realised it's the Lancaster branch. Apparently a decision taken by Longtons that they are only stocking them at Chorley.

Hold the press. Just checked the Bailey website and Longtons are not listed at all, unless ive missed something.

Edited by Reads

www. readcaravans. com

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

Is this the big secret ?

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

No sorry this is something else.

www. readcaravans. com

Prob poor customer service I'm still waiting for a warrant repair from November

2004 land rover discovery 2 td5 with a 2008 twin wheel compass rallye 636

Can't see it being poor service. I have always had excellent service from Stewart Longton at their Standish and Chorley branches.

Been buying new Swift 'vans from Standish branch since 2000.

2013 Honda CR-V EX iDTEC; 2014 Swift Challenger Sport 514

and another . .. I have had excellent service and repair work done in a timely fashion at the Chorley (Friday Street) branch.

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

I have most of the time I phoned them this morning guess what they had forgot to order parts

2004 land rover discovery 2 td5 with a 2008 twin wheel compass rallye 636

I asked Bailey and they couldn't (or wouldn't) give a reason but Longton's are definitely no longer authorised dealers. That means they can't do warranty work. Looks as if I'll have to take my van to Ulverston for service as I've a couple of minor faults (blind / window casing).

Bardsea will look after you.

www. readcaravans. com

Another satisfied Bardsea Leisure customer.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I asked Bailey and they couldn't (or wouldn't) give a reason but Longton's are definitely no longer authorised dealers. That means they can't do warranty work. Looks as if I'll have to take my van to Ulverston for service as I've a couple of minor faults (blind / window casing).

Why do you feel that they should tell you - that could be commercially sensitive information and is between supplier and retailer.

Our local dealer has now stopped stocking Lunar. They were quite open about it and said they were made an offer they couldn't refuse by Swift Group to stock their vans instead. However they are still undertaking warranty work and our new van is booked in next month for the front windows to be replaced. Have you checked with Longton about your warranty work - remember that your contract for the purchase is with the dealer.

Well, this is what Bailey say: "As long as they are NCC workshop approved they can carry out the service for you, but they will not be able to carry out any warranty work for you if needed". You may be right about the contract being with the dealer but I don't feel like getting into an argument about it especially as I know warranty work is needed. I'd rather deal with someone who will have access to Bailey and the latest information from them.

"As long as they are NCC workshop approved they can carry out the service for you, but they will not be able to carry out any warranty work for you if needed".

Sorry to hear that - the relationship between Longton and Bailey must be different to my dealer and Lunar - perhaps that's because I was told they have said that as soon as they get more space they would take back the Lunar franchise . . . .

Mike

Just spoken to the Chorley motorhome site, the Lancaster site is stopping selling Baileys, mainly due to the size of the site. The motorhome site will continue to sell Baileys. So no worries over my warranty!