Compact Vacuum Cleaner

Timanita

Hi All,
What do you all use to vac the caravan. ....? Without breaking the bank, on a cordless dyson. ...

Thanks

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

We use a 240V DirtDevil thingy.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We use this, purchased from Argos. Other stores are available. ..!

http://www. vacuspares. co. uk/buy-electrolux-hand-held-z61a-b-less+20097

Interesting all male thread so far and it's to do with vacuuming!

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

We use a 240V DirtDevil thingy.

Same as us

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

I use one of these:- Vax H90-GA-B Gator Handheld Vacuum Cleaner :(

I think its useless. Doesn't hold its charge so can only do one caravan carpet per charge.

Elddis Advante 540 2010 Coachman Pastiche 575 2016 and Ford Kuga 4x4 Mazda CX5 2016

Well, it is nearly Valentines Day so we are all after some inspiration. ....... ;)

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

We have got one like these. Can't be doing with ineffective battery operated vacuums that mean you have to get down on your knees. In fact we have got two, one for home. If you look you get them cheaper.

One here cheaper

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

We have got one of these. Can' be doing with ineffective battery operated vacuums that mean you have to get down on your knees. In fact we have got two, one for home. If you look you get them cheaper.

We have one of the base models at home for a few years now and they are good. All the bits can be replaced and British too

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Well, it is nearly Valentines Day so we are all after some inspiration. ....... ;)

I would love to be in a position to harness the hate that would be generated giving such a 'gift' for valentines day - power a small town for years. .. ;)

I've got one of the old DC10 Car & Boat Dysons - newer models look similar. It comes highly recommended. I clean-up everyday with it. Excellent build quality, amazing suction for such a small device. I would recommend getting a second battery* if you're planning a big clean.

*get a third party one, far more power than dyson's own, imho, and significantly cheaper.

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

We got a little Bissel one, you can use it as a little Dust Buster type or as an upright. It's so good and light that we've started using it around the house.

Argos do them for £59. 99 http://www. argos. co. uk/static/Product/partNumber/8551032. htm but we got ours in Tesco just after Christmas for £25 - an absolute bargain.

we have cordless dyson. ..its expensive rubbish . flat within 5 minutes, wont work at all in the car when its cold outside.

avoid !!!

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

My cordless handheld Dyson does a good job. Don't know how long the charge lasts as I am generally done in less than 5 minutes.

Had the Dyson for many years and have had my monies worth from it. I used to have a mini vac with a bag, it looked like bagpipes and was about as good at hoovering.

I take my carpets out for continental touring and go back to my witchy broom. Can't be bothered hoovering in 30 degrees.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

Oh dear; we have a Dyson too. It was expensive but it does do the job beautifully. Sounds as though jonbev has a knackered battery.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

we have cordless dyson. ..its expensive rubbish . flat within 5 minutes, wont work at all in the car when its cold outside.

avoid !!!

The specs only give it 6 minutes, which for what it is designed to do (cars, boats, 'vans etc) is plenty imho. Though I must admit, the third party battery I bought off Amazon is significantly more powerful, lasts about eight minutes and was a lot cheaper than the Dyson brand spare battery. I would encourage you to invest is a new battery.

Edit: typo

Edited by tictag

Hi timanita, Just bought the dyson dc59, did have a chilli mini upright but it just wasn't good enough, as a fellow OES owner I can highly recommend the dyson!

The motorised floor tool really picks up the dog hair very well and the battery life on the new model is a lot better than the older ones.

Currys have got a 30 day take it back if you don't like it offer on until the end of feb.

We bought a Panasonic for the house last September because we didn't want a Dyson. It lasted 3 uses before the belt broke and the brush fell off. Took it back to Currys who said that the part would be sent to us at home by Panasonic. I told them that the belt was broken but nobody took any notice. The part arrived and I fitted but of course it didn't work. Took it back to Currys who then wrote it off.

We are not Dyson fans as the first one we had ended up at the tip because bits fell off. There is now very little choice in vacuums as Dyson seem to have cornered the market. Chose a small lightweight one which seems to work and was £70 more.

We have used it twice and does the job but like all the ones I saw they are not very robost. We will see how long this last before bits drop off!!!

John

At that time in the morning all the women were doing the vacuuming not playing on a computer like the men :D

I can't remember what ours is but it came from Lakeland and is pretty useless. :D

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Our Dyson handheld's battery last 15 minutes without the "Animal" pet hair motorised brush or 13 minutes with it fitted.

Agreed. it's a crawl around on hands and knees to do the caravan \ stair carpets but does work very well at collecting the sprollie hair.

Previously tried VAX, Hoover and Dirt Devil handhelds but none anywhere near as good.

Amazing what you can learn if you do manage to get the wife to talk (sociably for a minute) to you! ;):P:ph34r:

Amazing what you can learn if you do manage to get the wife to talk (sociably for a minute) to you! ;):P:ph34r:

I hope she doesn't read this!!! :)

John