Shower Cleaning Products

bigbilly

There is often a lot of debate on here about various cleaning products but the area I find most difficult is the inside walls of the shower unit.

What have people found to be the best way to clean ?

Thanks

Bill

I use the Thetford bathroom cleaner. I think it is excellent. Plus micro fibre cloths to wipe away the excess water after showering to stop the water marks especially on the clear plastic. We have the huge Bailey walk in bathroom with lots of plastic surfaces !!!! ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

We just wipe the walls down after every shower using a sponge pad and then a towel to shine it up, after 5 years the panels look as good as new, no chemicals whatsoever.

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Having just replaced the shower unit with a bath and put new lining material on the walls, I am keen to keep it looking like new. We use Dettol apple wipes and then dry it with paper towel. This was the same in our old van which we had for four years and looked as good when we sold it as it did when we put the bath in that one.

The lining material is the same as the old shower unit and I was told not to use anything too strong cleaning wise.

We also use the Thetford Bathroom Cleaner, although I must say we don't use the shower that often and I find a wipe down with microfibre cloths adequate. I bought the Thetford product as it is recommended for use on all the plastics (basin, toilet etc).

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We also use the Thetford Bathroom Cleaner, although I must say we don't use the shower that often and I find a wipe down with microfibre cloths adequate. I bought the Thetford product as it is recommended for use on all the plastics (basin, toilet etc).

Ditto

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

Thetford stuff for us too.

Some household cleaners can be a bit too strong, abrasive or have solvents which attack the lightweight acrylics used in a van and can either scratch it or cause it to discolour, craze or crack.

There have been reports where mouthwash has caused the washbasin plughole to fall out if it's not rinsed out properly. Our acrylic bath at home looked as though Torvill & Dean had done a turn on it after my wife got a bit keen with something she shouldn't have. We never managed to polish the scratches out. Even Cif or similar can take the shine off

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning