Tell Us The Good Things About Your Bailey Caravan

steve14

Message added by CT Advertising,

Right, I'm fed up with all the negative comments re Bailey caravans which is more often than not the case on forums such as this (people who are happy with them tend not to comment on forums).

I can proudly state here and now that I have had 2 Bailey caravans from brand new.

The first bought in 2009 was a Pegasus 524 and the second (which I have now) a Unicorn Valencia 2 bought in Nov 2012, both despite the odd SMALL teething problem and some major ones which were promptly and efficiently dealt with by my Bailey franchised dealer at their first services.

They were and are excellent caravans that fit mine and my wife's needs, we have travelled thousands of miles with each and enjoying some fantastic holidays both in the UK and Europe and are looking forward to more in 2014.

Both have been ultimately reliable and despite travelling through some horrendous weather conditions (inc snow) neither the 524 or the Valencia have ever showed any sign of damp, sagging cushions, failing blinds, damp matteresses, ill fitting lockers, leaking showers, failed electrics, etc etc etc.

Come on all you Bailey owners out there, lets prove the usual moaners who comment on forums that not all our caravans are a bag of rubbish as they imply.

I'm only looking for good things on this topic if you want to have a rant or a moan GO ELSEWHERE I'm not interested.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have obviously missed the year when the leakers were produced. Good for you!

Although we have got rid of ours due to damp there were lots of things we liked about it inside. The furniture all fiited together well and the beds were comfortable. Interior desigh grea tbut exterior left a lot to be desired. They seem to hav got them right now just like Swift have.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

My Orion 440-4 is great! It's warm and dry, and everything works perfectly.

The heating works well and isn't noisy at night,

The dinette, bed conversion filler cushion doesn't fall off the edge, because I put it in the right place!

No problems getting the spare wheel, in the Alko carrier, out from under the van, nor any problems putting it back.

It tows nicely, looks smart and was good value for money.

Apart from a broken weld on the hob pan support, which was replaced by the dealer once I noticed it, all has been well.

Yep, one extremely happy bunny here! :)

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

We have just acquired a 1997 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and I must say, I am impressed.

Yes it is an old van and yes I do have some damp issues with it but nothing more than I would expect from a van of that age and the damp is considerably less than I have seen on forums for vans that are just 3 months old or less.

We have had it checked out by a caravan service engineer and the only thing that needed replaced was the Damper on the Hitch.

I will buy a new Battery, Tyres and Motor Mover for it, but once these are on, we will not be looking to buy anything newer for a while. The Bailey gives us the layout and comfort that we want so why waste our money on anything newer.

My Orion 440-4 is great! It's warm and dry, and everything works perfectly.

The heating works well and isn't noisy at night,

The dinette, bed conversion filler cushion doesn't fall off the edge, because I put it in the right place!

No problems getting the spare wheel, in the Alko carrier, out from under the van, nor any problems putting it back.

It tows nicely, looks smart and was good value for money.

Apart from a broken weld on the hob pan support, which was replaced by the dealer once I noticed it, all has been well.

Yep, one extremely happy bunny here! :)

Same here,we are very happy withour Orion 440/4.

Nice and dry,warm when it needs to be,can't quite agree about the spare wheel.

It's a pity Bailey didn't continue with the Orion in a Mk II version rather than with the Pursuit which is not as good a van in my opinion.

Ian

Steve

What were the major problems dealt with at your first service?

I am glad you are happy with your caravan - its what its all about at the end of the day and no one should take any "joy" in rubbishing a UK brand

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

We just like our Pegasus 524 as a package feels solid, light interior and the layout we like.

Great recliners at the front and it does what it says on the packet.

Liked the Pageant we had before, same layout but must admit the Peg feels more solid.

Also we've been really pleased with any dealings with Bailey.

This is our second Bailey both have been trouble free (hopefully as Viginia is in for service) The only problems we have had with this one is the Front window saga which was not specific to Baily that was sorted a couple of years ago. The other problem was the fridge at 3 months old kept frosting inside at any temperature Dometic came out and fitted a new thermostat again not realy a Bailey fault. The only reasons we haven't changed this van is that the layout suits us fantastically and due to health problems we haven't been able to use it as often as we would have liked to and we are unsure how much longer I will be able to at the moment.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

The only positive thing for me is the walls and roof do not contain water absorbing materials.

In all other respects my 2004 Senator was better.

The wife and I love our new Rimini. Great layout and use of space and all fittings seem up to scratch, plus it seems to have loads of extras fitted. One thing we really like is the Whale blown heating system which seems to get a very negative press on here. .

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

We are on our fourth Bailey. The first was a 1998 Ranger which is still going strong (my mate bought it from us and he's still using it) - no problems whatsoever and still no damp nor anything dropped off.

Our second was a shiny new Pageant Provence, the only problem was a faulty skylight, replaced without any hassle.

Our third was a new Pageant Champange - we preferred the side dinette layout. One fault, the front window had the bowing problem where the outer pane touched the inner - again replaced under warranty without argument.

Our present van is the Unicorn 1 Madrid and it is the van we intend to keep. It's well built, no gaps, rattles or creaks. It's comfortable, stylish and the van we think has the "wow" factor, more so even than the Mk2 Unicorns. We've had two minor problems - the front stone chip guards were replaced at the first service and we had the LEDs in one of the front handles replaced at the second. There's no damp, nothing fallen off, no sagging cushions or any other of the niggles or problems that some people have been complaining about. We don't see how we can better this van, nothing we've seen since comes anywhere close in style or build quality.

We'll be going to the NEC in February to see what's about but we'd have to find something truly amazing to make us consider changing.

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

We are on our second Bailey. the best thing about our Pamplona is the island double bed. The wife gets in and out of her side of the bed without bothering me :D

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

We have had our 2006 Bailey Ranger 470/4 for nearly 4 years, and it has been superb! Looking forward to our new Bailey Pursuit, due next month!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We have just acquired a 1997 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and I must say, I am impressed.

Yes it is an old van and yes I do have some damp issues with it but nothing more than I would expect from a van of that age and the damp is considerably less than I have seen on forums for vans that are just 3 months old or less.

We have had it checked out by a caravan service engineer and the only thing that needed replaced was the Damper on the Hitch.

I will buy a new Battery, Tyres and Motor Mover for it, but once these are on, we will not be looking to buy anything newer for a while. The Bailey gives us the layout and comfort that we want so why waste our money on anything newer.

Good for you the age doesn't matter so long as you are with and enjoy it.

I have been a caravanner since 1974 and a CC member since 1977. I have toured extensively throughout Britain and Europe with numerous caravans. The only memorably faulty caravan was my 2nd Avondale which was found to have severe damp problems at the point of trade in. I suppose my favourite van from a nostalgic point of view was a Lunar Micron while my current van - a series 7 Bailey Pageant Monarch - I have thoroughly enjoyed from the moment of purchase, so much so that I currently have on order a Bailey Pegasus GT65 Genoa that I expect to take delivery of this month.

Lexus IS 220D SE towing Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 7

We just like our Pegasus 524 as a package feels solid, light interior and the layout we like.

Great recliners at the front and it does what it says on the packet.

Liked the Pageant we had before, same layout but must admit the Peg feels more solid.

Also we've been really pleased with any dealings with Bailey.

We loved our Peggy 524 too, but we always agreed we'd trade up when the right van came along, it did the Unicorn Valencia 2 great van also.

This is our second Bailey both have been trouble free (hopefully as Viginia is in for service) The only problems we have had with this one is the Front window saga which was not specific to Baily that was sorted a couple of years ago. The other problem was the fridge at 3 months old kept frosting inside at any temperature Dometic came out and fitted a new thermostat again not realy a Bailey fault. The only reasons we haven't changed this van is that the layout suits us fantastically and due to health problems we haven't been able to use it as often as we would have liked to and we are unsure how much longer I will be able to at the moment.

Hopefully for much much longer :)

Good man :D

Loving our bailey. On our second one now and its been faultless.

Missing it through the winter period tbh, and can't wait for the season to get going. Making up for it this year with plenty of weekends, trips to Cornwall and then France.

OP asked for the things we love. Love the led lighting, decent sized hob, modified heating (with insulation), and the kids love the bunks.

Weight upgrade makes a massive difference for all the clobber SWMBO need taking along.

I have been a caravanner since 1974 and a CC member since 1977. I have toured extensively throughout Britain and Europe with numerous caravans. The only memorably faulty caravan was my 2nd Avondale which was found to have severe damp problems at the point of trade in. I suppose my favourite van from a nostalgic point of view was a Lunar Micron while my current van - a series 7 Bailey Pageant Monarch - I have thoroughly enjoyed from the moment of purchase, so much so that I currently have on order a Bailey Pegasus GT65 Genoa that I expect to take delivery of this month.

Lovely van you should be well pleased with that ;)

Thanks for everyone who's replied so far

As I suspected its very very apparent that there are more people who like their Bailey Caravans than don't, lets keep the misery's at bay and make this the biggest hit forum so far this year.

Keep your praises coming.

Our present van is the Unicorn 1 Madrid and it is the van we intend to keep. It's well built, no gaps, rattles or creaks. It's comfortable, stylish and the van we think has the "wow" factor, more so even than the Mk2 Unicorns. We've had two minor problems - the front stone chip guards were replaced at the first service and we had the LEDs in one of the front handles replaced at the second. There's no damp, nothing fallen off, no sagging cushions or any other of the niggles or problems that some people have been complaining about. We don't see how we can better this van, nothing we've seen since comes anywhere close in style or build quality.

Same van/model/year here and agree entirely with Dave's comments

Sam :beardy:

I must be one of the lucky Bailey owner, My first Bailey was a new Pageant Vendee with no fault kept for 2 years, I exchange it for a Senator Virginia which I kept for 6 years without any problem, just change last year to a Unicorn Valencia the only fault with this one is the wood veneer on the ceiling peeling off which will be fixed at its first service next month.

We have been caravanning since early 1970's. Bought our first new van a Bailey 15ft Discovery in 1993. Brilliant van. Then had 2 new Abbeys one with bunk beds last with fixed bed. Last was a disaster, badly designed, nothing fitted and if anything could break or fall off it did. We decided to try Bailey again as our nearest dealer was a Bailey stockist and had even been very helfpful when we had problems with the Abbey after its warranty had expired.

We bought a Pegasus 524 in 2010 and have been very pleased with it. Only problems pink staining on external filling strips, replaced at first and 2nd service, no problem since and failed awning leds replaced at 3rd service. Van is used all year round and and is good in both summer and cold winter conditions. One bonus, I caught rear end on a gate post just 3 months after new. On a conventional van it would have been a new rear panel and awning rail, on the Pegasus it cost me £80 for a new rear bumper.

We love our U2 Valencia & are extremely happy with it. 15 months old & the only fault has been a dodgy LED on the ATC system, which ALKO are replacing FOC.

Would we change it. ...... maybe if something better comes along ( we did trade in a 1 year old U1 Valencia for it ), but the only thing they could improve in my opinion would be the shower cubicle, as there is that dead space between it & the bedroom wall.

Maybe we are just lucky, but our matress is perfectly dry, our lockers are all water tight, the bathroom never feels cold & the water pump is no noisier than previous vans ( having slackend the screws a bit holding it to the floor ).

2 litre 140TDCi Zetec Mondeo estate + 2013 Unicorn S2 Valencia.

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "