Caravan Coach Lines?

LEWINS1998

Hi, I want to put some blue coach lines along my caravan, does anyone know how I get rid of the old ones?

Also, I have an oil filled radiator, and whilst I was in Scotland it worked in my caravan a treat, with all other electrical appliances on, but when I've brought it home and plugged the caravan in the house, the radiator trips the electrics in the caravan and house, the last thing is that I would like to fit a car radio in my caravan and I think it's had one in because there is an Ariel on the out side of the caravan and a lot of wires in the wardrobe, if I try and get a picture could you tell m if it's going to be an expensive job or not? Thanks :)

Hi, I want to put some blue coach lines along my caravan, does anyone know how I get rid of the old ones?

Also, I have an oil filled radiator, and whilst I was in Scotland it worked in my caravan a treat, with all other electrical appliances on, but when I've brought it home and plugged the caravan in the house, the radiator trips the electrics in the caravan and house, the last thing is that I would like to fit a car radio in my caravan and I think it's had one in because there is an Ariel on the out side of the caravan and a lot of wires in the wardrobe, if I try and get a picture could you tell m if it's going to be an expensive job or not? Thanks :)

You will have to ascertain whether the lines are painted on or stuck on. Try very fine emery paper in a

discrete corner. If it removes it, you could try turps for the rest,, but be very careful as the paint is only thin. If you can feel a raised edge on the stripe, it may be stuck on, in which case you need a heat gun

to remove it.

Do mean a television?

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Don't use a heat gun or fine emery both will damage the very thin paint coating on the van. Most van coach lines are decals stuck on. Try a hairdryer, keep it moving and the line should slowly peel off. Some meths, turps or even "sticky stuff remover" should get rid of any sticky residue. A very gentle clean with toothpaste might help but anything more abrasive than T-Cut should be avoided unless you want a stripe of a different texture down the side of the van.

Don't use acetone or solvent thinners (unless you've tried it in an inconspicuous place first and made sure that it doesn't disolve or soften the paint).

have a look at the radio wiring that's in the van - perhaps the previous owner has removed the radio, are the speakers still there or have they gone as well - places like Halfords to sell radios & adapters to enable radios to fit existing wiring looms.

If the radiator trips the van & house wiring then it's probably got a fault - if it didn't do it on site then the site electric may not have been connected correctly

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

If the radiator trips the van & house wiring then it's probably got a fault - if it didn't do it on site then the site electric may not have been connected correctly

The heater could also have become damaged by bumping along the road home from the caravan site. Possibly a broken heating element touching the metalwork inside.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

The heater could also have become damaged by bumping along the road home from the caravan site. Possibly a broken heating element touching the metalwork inside.

Hi, went and had a look, the stereo wires are 2 brown and the Ariel, And on the toilet matter, the fuse is blown, can I just get a fuse from the corner shop or does it need to be from the Caravan shop?