Fire Wont Ignite, Help Please.

kevtoyou

Went up to storage site yesterday to do a couple of jobs and a few checks, was very cold when I got up there so attempted to put Gas fire on but to no avail. I have a {-Bailey Pageant 2005-} the ignition is automatic But could ear no click sound when holding knob down if that makes any Sense I have never used fire before on GAS but have seen it working on Gas when I Bought it 2 years ago. I did check Gas bottle wasn't empty and cooker hob and oven working fine, I have the Manual for the van and can't see anything I am doing wrong. Before I seek pro help I would Appreciate any Advice you Guys out there can Give me, never had a problem with EHU Just don't know if

I'm missing something. Many Thanks.

Went up to storage site yesterday to do a couple of jobs and a few checks, was very cold when I got up there so attempted to put Gas fire on but to no avail. I have a {-Bailey Pageant 2005-} the ignition is automatic But could ear no click sound when holding knob down if that makes any Sense I have never used fire before on GAS but have seen it working on Gas when I Bought it 2 years ago. I did check Gas bottle wasn't empty and cooker hob and oven working fine, I have the Manual for the van and can't see anything I am doing wrong. Before I seek pro help I would Appreciate any Advice you Guys out there can Give me, never had a problem with EHU Just don't know if

I'm missing something. Many Thanks.

Forgot to say Battery is fully Charged.

Change the battery in the igniter for the fire, located at the front left hand side of the fire just behind the fire front cover, takes 1 x AA battery.

Agree that is usually the problem. .....they last for years normally so get forgotten.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

You don't need to take the cover off.

Either feel just under the front edge for an oblong plastic box which has a slide up section in the middle front, slide the cover up, the battery is there.

Or, lay on the floor and look for it.

Make a note of which way round the battery is, and replace with a new one the same way.

Edited by Brecon

If you haven't used it before are you sure its piezo, which clicks, or the type the same as mine which doesn't, you just hold the button down, and takes about 5 seconds to ignite.

Quote " I have a Bailey Pageant 2005 the ignition is automatic"

It is not piezzo, it is a battery operated ignition module, and it does click when lighting, just not very loudly, which is why it is important to ensure the control knob is fully turned to OFF and no ticking heard or it will discharge the battery.

Thanks Brecon but never took front cover of is there anything I should know before I Attempt to give it a Go.

On a previous caravan we had the fire ignition used a rectangular 9v battery ( the type used in smoke alarms etc ). If you cannot get at it as suggested by Beacon, removal of the front cover is quite simple. Pull the control knobs off thier spindles ( they just push fit ), look through the top slat of the cover, in the middle should be a retaining screw holding the cover to the woodwork. take this out then simply lift the cover up & away from the fire & you will see the two lugs each side that fit into the respective slots in the fires casing. Change the battery & reverse the above to refit.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Can I just say a massive thank you Guys for all the Advice very much Appreciated.

Let us know if you fix it.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 2 months later...