Truma Electric Fire

Philyn69

Hi, can anyone tell me how to get the front off my truma fire in my 05 bailey Louisiana, it just won't budge although my manual says it will. Thanks

If it is like my old unit there are sprung wire clips underneath at the bottom rear corners; fingers job. With these unclipped the bottom swings towards you hinging about the top, then when free it lifts off the top.

With difficulty!! If you look inside the slats left and right you will see two spring clips. unhook these,

and the front should slide up and out. (wait till you try and put the front back on!) If you have blown

air heating, clean the fan blades out while you have the front off - it's amazing how much dust they

gather. ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

The front of Truma fires either are difficult to remove - or they are constantly falling off when travelling. If your van has been previously owned, look carefully and see if any small screws have been put in to keep the front in place.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

The front of Truma fires either are difficult to remove - or they are constantly falling off when travelling. If your van has been previously owned, look carefully and see if any small screws have been put in to keep the front in place.

:goodpost: I have seen lots that have screws added to stop the darned thing falling off

Truma fires now have a single self tapper screw in the centre of the removable front. Look into the slots and there is one silver screw. Remove this first then pull the fire forward at the top. The spring clips are at either side approximately 2 inches from the top edge, not at the bottom. The bottom edge has two vee shaped grooves that the fire front sits on. To replace the front, locate the bottom edges on the grooves and feed the gas operating rod through the hole in the top. Position the front at the spring clips, you may have to use a small screwdriver to ease the spring clips into the slots. Finally fit the gas operating knob. Never had one fall off or had trouble fitting.

Edited by b4bill