Damp....

. ..has not been found in our 3 old Adria I am pleased to say. Even after a wet winter stored outside all readings under 10% and all external seals in good shape.

Couldn't find anything on forums searches when we were looking at Adrias regarding damp so thought I'd add something in :D

I know - childish! :P but bet it gets a few views!

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Yes, you got me on that one! The only Adria van I have come across with damp was not down to ingress but a leak from an internal pipe under the kitchen sink that was not spotted for quite some time. It was a 5 year old van. So Adria's are not perfect but almost!

Edited by wizzo

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift

So sorry to hear that you have not been able to get a damp van like most people with British made vans, perhaps you could try a little harder? Maybe dunk it in a lake or something? Probably it would then float like a boat and still not let water in! Made in Britain vans are much better as they just need a little rain and it just pours in straight away. So next time buy British and you will have a cara-sieve van just like a sponge on wheels and you can then join our club. :D :D

I already beat you to it on that one. we had a slight leak on one of the seams. ......... of the awning. :-)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

I found damp in to Adria's last year and it was defiantly ingress .

Olympic caravan services.
Approved mobile workshop covering wrexham northwales shropshire and west cheshire.

mob 07827738671 land line 01978 710 943

www.olympiccaravanservices.com    enquiries@olympiccaravanservices.com

post 2010's ?

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Just had my 2013 van serviced. Damp was found on the floor. It may be because some idiot left the crystal absorbant containers on the back dinette and front window ledge lol. My readings were higher than 10% but venture reassured me they were normal and they had a very sensitive meter.

Edited by skodapower

Details ?

I need to look back at my service sheets for last year but from memory they were newish vans .

And what I do rember was that the readings were at the bottom of the entrance door on both . and both over 30% and in mid summer .

No make of van are immune from damp just that some are assembled better than others .

Olympic caravan services.
Approved mobile workshop covering wrexham northwales shropshire and west cheshire.

mob 07827738671 land line 01978 710 943

www.olympiccaravanservices.com    enquiries@olympiccaravanservices.com

Be interested to hear as you genuinely don't hear of any stories on here or other forums of reports of damp in Adrias. (I looked hard before we bought) and yes i know there are far less Adrias than UK makes on roads in UK

Certainly wasn't suggesting in anyway that they are immune, but they do seem to be more consistently built.

Look forward to your update when you get chance as will give us happy Adria owners something to keep an eye on if nothing else?

it may well be the one thing imo that could be of better design. the door catch plate on the frame has 2 lips. if the door isn't pushed firmly home it leaves a very slight gap that could allow water in. we always make sure the door is pushed firmly home. (not slammed)