Unicorn Gas Locker Door Leaks

johnsev

I have had water in my offside Valencia II front locker, I keep the van nose down and found that the water was tracking down the moulding that joins the wall and floor, The floor under the lino from the Aldi to the front locker was wet but not stained The caravan went back to the dealer and was dried out,side moulding taken of and resealed and other warranty work done, It was away a month. I have found the same is happening again and the cause is not the side moulding, but it is the gas locker door frame,not where it is sealed to the caravans ouside wall but inside the frame where the plastics join, in heavy rain water leaks back into the van, runs down the inside wall to the moulding and along it to the front, if nose down, If you slide some paper into the gaps at the bottom of the frame it comes out sodden. I tested it with water with dye in it and it soon trickled into the van. I went back to the dealer and we looked at a new Unicorn and that was the same as mine and just as wet. He suggested some sealant along the gap which has been done, any water now will go into the gas locker not the interior.

I had this problem with our last van, a Rimini. I tried to stop the water coming in but failed until I got a seal from Seals Direct. I took off all the Bailey sealant and replaced it. http://www. sealsdirect. co. uk/

Can't help you with which seal as I got rid of van when I found damp in the back and sides too!!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John