Flat Cable For Your Dish Or Aerial...stop Those Draughts.

Finally got around to taking a couple of photos of the flat cable.

This little marvel allows you to pass your TV aerial or Satellite cable through the door or window frame without killing the signal or letting the draughts in.

Only £5. 99 including 2 x f connectors & FOC postage to caravan talk members.

PM me if you wish to order.

Kind regards

Mal

post-1101-1145905489_thumb.jpg

post-1101-1145905529_thumb.jpg

so being thick here. ...is this just a bit that goes in between two pieces of normal cable?

Yes. .. but it's not thick it's thin :D

Mal

Hi

We used to pass the cable through the window etc, but decided the best thing was to get a proper satelite connection point on the outside of the van. It cost about £40 to fit, but SO MUCH better - it looks better, doesnt cause any drafts and doesnt squash the window rubber. Agreed not a cheaper option, but so much nicer.

Carrie

Edited by carrie

I am thinking of doing it through the battery box. Cable from dish goes into battery box where there is a plate with f connector. This allows to connect and disconnect foem dish no problem. The f connector plate in the battery box connects to another f connector plate inside the caravan. From there into the satellite box. Fairly simple and looks neat also and saves the rubber on the window.

I am thinking of doing it through the battery box. Cable from dish goes into battery box where there is a plate with f connector.

There is no need to fit a plate. I have done this and just leave a foot or so of cable loose in the battery box and hook up to this with a connector. Makes it easier to do as you are not 'fiddling' in a confined space.

The other method I used in my previous 'van was to run the cable from the satellite box into the front locker and coil the cable up. On site uncoil the cable and pass it out thro the bottom of the locker to the dish - in this instance there is no connector between the satellite box and the dish.

Edited by colger23

Must admit, I just put mine through the window . . never really though about what it looked like!

And at £5. 99, the 'flat' cable has to be the cheapest option?

It all depends on what you are happy to do. I drilled a hole in my roof & stuck a dish on the top, then drilled another hole for the cable, some may see that as a bit drastic :D

A socket on the side of the van will cost about £20 excluding fitting, flat cable through the window £5. 99, a hole through the vent in the floor nothing. ... TV reception priceless B)

The choice is yours. ..

We were at Stowford last week & loads of people had the cable through the window. We offer it as an option & people will use it not depending on their requirments.

If you run the cable through the battery box please ensure you are using good quality coax such as RG6 or CT100 as if the battery charger is next to the battery you may find some "mains hum" getting onto the TV screen. As a side issue. ... I only have one cable "cut out" on my battery box, do others have more?

Regards

Mal

Edited by Malt

mmmmmm am thinking tht there must be a hole somewhere say under the cooker or somewhere that a cable can be fed through then dangled out of a cupboard somewhere rather than through the window.

We have a Bailey Pageant Bordeaux which has the hot water tank under the bed, and there is some form of overflow/breather pipe that goes through the floor which has enough room next to it to push the co ax cable through the floor. Works great,

Ian.

• 4 weeks later...

Pity I did not know about this flat cable earlier, but ended up fitting a TV point into the wet locker on our Adria as we also have a factory fitted mains socket in there too which allows both cables to pass thought the locker door.

Steve

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Steve,

I have done the same, cable through wet locker, no interference from battery charger 'cos its on other side of 'van, spare cable coiled in locker ready for use, 'notch' in locker door so no squashed cable.

Inside van, run cable through hole in top of wet locker under bed to small socket to plug tv lead into. :D