Towing To Monza

This Summer we are planning to go to the Italian Grand Prix in Monza, Does anyone have experience towing to Italy? What is the best route to take? We plan on taking a couple of days to get there and back. I don't mind a longer route, as long as it saves edge of the cliff towing. I've towed to France as couple of years ago, and last year we went towed to the Belgium Grand Prix at Spa. So we are not new to towing on the continent. I already figured out that if we tow through Switzerland we need two vignettes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

A great way to experiment with this sort of trip is to use viamichelin, which allows you to tailor your trip for whatever you want. www. viamichelin. co. uk . However, I would drop south of Switzerland on the A40 and go through the Mont Blanc tunnel (about £50 however) and then north of Turin on the A5. So long as you avoid the interminable tunnels of Genova Northern Italy isn't too bad.

Edited by BFM

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

take a look on google maps and get directions from there, you can also use street view to see the conditions you would be traveling in

we plan on going to italy & spain with in the next couple of years

phil

If you don't want to pay tolls,Belgium,Luxembourg,,Nancy,Epinal,N66 to Mulhouse. Basel,it is a good drive mostly un payed motorway,and dual carriage way,The N66 goes through villages so slow's you down a bit. If you are in a hurry take the motor way. it will cost you but you will get there quicker.

Two Swiss vignettes (car and caravan) will let you there and back across Switzerland via the St Gotthard tunnel and is a cheaper option than two trips through the Mont Blanc tunnel.

Vignettes this year are €33 each. (Great site here, by the way http://www. tolltickets. com/country/swiss/vignette. aspx?lang=en-GB). This means that a single pass through MBT is cheaper, but returning the same way, as you rightly say, costs more.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.