Hello People

LEWINS1998

Hi, I own a compass omega 400/2 1990, it's has. Built in toilet that won't flush and dims the lights when I try to flush it, any suggestions?

Thanks

I would check the pump. It might have picked up a small stone or similar. ..or even become sludged. They aren't particularly powerful but will draw significantly more current if seized or locked. ..which would possibly dim lights etc. If the battery is low, normal operation of the pump could have a slight effect.

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

Swift Challenger Hi Style 425 pushing a Ford Kuga AWD

I would check the pump. It might have picked up a small stone or similar. ..or even become sludged. They aren't particularly powerful but will draw significantly more current if seized or locked. ..which would possibly dim lights etc. If the battery is low, normal operation of the pump could have a slight effect.

Thanks for the fast reply, but I am a complete novice when it come to caravan repairs, I think the pump is underneath the toilet roll holder, it's submerged in blue liquid? Should I just put my hand in and pull it out? And what am I doing with it when I pull it out?

Thanks again

Have you not received any paperwork with the caravan? Thetford's manual is normally pretty good. If not, have a look at Thetfords website. Sorry but my 'pewter has decided it isn't going to copy and paste tonight or I would have put a link on here.

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

Have you not received any paperwork with the caravan? Thetford's manual is normally pretty good. If not, have a look at Thetfords website. Sorry but my 'pewter has decided it isn't going to copy and paste tonight or I would have put a link on here.

Yes mate, I have the paper work with the caravan but it just tells me how to fit the toilet and don't worry about it :) another thing I was going to ask is how would I get internet access in my caravan for my sons xbox?

Edited by LEWINS1998

http://www. thetford. com/

Links from here will get to your specific toilet I hope. Don't know what happened before. Good luck.

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

how would I get internet access in my caravan for my sons xbox?

There's a section on wifi and Internet here http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/forum/60-mobile-internet-wi-fi-and-more/

Personally I bought a mifi unit which takes a data sim, the huawei unit cost £49 and the sims from 3 are £20 for 3gb (last 3 months) on amazon. You can get them for not if you want to get in a contract, I went for the unlocked unit so I could put any data sim from any phone company in for flexibility.

For your toilet, if you can see which model it is in the book it might help someone give you some more specific info, there's not a lot to them though, it seems its trying to run if its dimming the lights so its either jammed or you've got a flat battery, are the lights bright?

There's a section on wifi and Internet here http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/forum/60-mobile-internet-wi-fi-and-more/

Personally I bought a mifi unit which takes a data sim, the huawei unit cost £49 and the sims from 3 are £20 for 3gb (last 3 months) on amazon. You can get them for not if you want to get in a contract, I went for the unlocked unit so I could put any data sim from any phone company in for flexibility.

For your toilet, if you can see which model it is in the book it might help someone give you some more specific info, there's not a lot to them though, it seems its trying to run if its dimming the lights so its either jammed or you've got a flat battery, are the lights bright?

Thanks and yes the lights are very bright

Best off starting a thetford query in the right thread section and you'll no doubt get some better help, try posting in the toilet part of the forum and someone will pick it up i think

Best off starting a thetford query in the right thread section and you'll no doubt get some better help, try posting in the toilet part of the forum and someone will pick it up i think

Could you redirect me to there? Thanks :)

When you open the cassette door (outside on the van) there should be a plate there telling you the model and serial number of your toilet.

Then, on the Thetford Website, you should get all the instructions you need for your particular toilet.