240V Led Screw In Bulbs

Does anyone know of there are any 240v LED screw in ( Edison screw) bulbs available which can be used with a dimmer switch ?

I want to change the filament bulbs on the spotlights on my Bailey Pageant. The heat they give off burns the top of my head when I'm sat under them reading !

Thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

Yes there are. Search engines will find loads. http://www. megamanuk. com/products/dimming-tests/ is one well-reputed maker.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Does anyone know of there are any 240v LED screw in ( Edison screw) bulbs available which can be used with a dimmer switch ?

I want to change the filament bulbs on the spotlights on my Bailey Pageant. The heat they give off burns the top of my head when I'm sat under them reading !

Thanks in advance

Lidl have ES and MES led bulbs on sale at the moment @ £5. 99. Don't know if they are dimmer rated.

Try LEDhut. co. uk

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

How do I find out if the dimmer fitted as standard in my bailey will operate leds's

Don't want to spend £30 on two bulbs just to blow them up on first use . ..

:)

If your dimmer works with incandescent bulbs (with filaments) you need to select LED bulbs advertised as "dimmable" then it will work.

Sometimes you need to get a dimmer switch suitable for LEDs due to the low load that one or two LEDs puts on the switch, a lot of 240v dimmers need a minimum wattage to operate and replacing with led undercuts it.

See if anything is stamped inside the switch or look on the bailey parts website if they still have them for sale as they might have the spec listed, I'm not sure i would risk it, I'd probably replace the switch for one designed to work with LEDs.

Sometimes you need to get a dimmer switch suitable for LEDs due to the low load that one or two LEDs puts on the switch, a lot of 240v dimmers need a minimum wattage to operate and replacing with led undercuts it.

See if anything is stamped inside the switch or look on the bailey parts website if they still have them for sale as they might have the spec listed, I'm not sure i would risk it, I'd probably replace the switch for one designed to work with LEDs.

:goodpost: A lot of dimmers as sleepy says are just not suitable for the low loads that LED's require,, I would not risk using expensive LED's without confirming that the dimmer was LED compatible,, Just my twopenneth worth, but thinking about it, as the LED bulbs are rated 220-240Volt,, I can not see how a dimmer could cause any damage ?, there may well be so much leakage power that the led remains at full brightness when dimmer is turned right down but can not see how any damage could occure, I am sure though that someone more knowledgeable than myself will put my theory right

Edited by Mike&deb

As well as getting dimmable LED bulbs you also need to have a 'trailing edge' dimmer. This is different from a standard dimmer. If you use LED bulbs with a standard dimmer then the dimmer will be damaged.

http://www. screwfix. com/p/varilight-trailing-edge-push-dimmer-1g-1-2w-400w-va/94816

http://www. tlc-direct. co. uk/Products/VLJQP401W. html

Hope this helps