Aldi Jump Start With Compressor

jj202b

I think this is also sold as the silverline with a 15ah battery and 260psi compressor.

They come in handy for blowing tyres up when a caravan is in storage and you cant get the car near .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Interesting link here. Oh, cut and paste did not work. Search "motorhomefun. co. uk" forum, "aldi selling battery booster"

Mixed results.

Also a link on youtube "Aldi Krafking"

I was interested, but perhaps good for the money, but not good enough. I think there is a question mark over its ability to start a big diesel, or to pump up my van tyres to 62psi in a reasonable time.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Interesting link here. Oh, cut and paste did not work. Search "motorhomefun. co. uk" forum, "aldi selling battery booster"

Mixed results.

I was interested, but perhaps good for the money, but not good enough. I think there is a question mark over its ability to start a big diesel, or to pump up my van tyres to 62psi in a reasonable time.

I have a silverline (as has been said the same ) it has started the Freelander when there wasn't enough umph in the battery to start it. It has also started next doors sorrento when the battery was flat as a pancake they seem good for the price. I tried the compressor on the van tyres 55 psi and the gauge read 80 psi so ignore that. I used the 12v socket on it to feed my other tyre compressor with an acurate gauge and it pumped up the van tyres and an extra 6 psi in the cars rear tyres and it kept going without showing any sign of going flat. Built cheaply so if in 2 years it gives up the ghost so what, need to be charged regularly to keep it ready to go. Edited by dave11a

Ours in now 4 years old,going strong and used most days-last time round they were £24. 95 but still good value for money now

I aint getting on no plane. ....FOOL !!!

Eterniti Genisis IB4 behind a VW Amarok

We are in need of something for the caravan tyres as we have quite a long drive to get to a garage forecourt with an airline suitably placed for the caravan. This, or something else?

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

I have an equivalent which is just OK. ..no more. I would recommend a cheap 12volt compressor with a cigar lighter (sorry 12 volt accessory) plug. I was going to use it to increase the rear tyres when towing but the battery of the gizmo gave out before I got to the second tyre. . It did once start a neighbour's car though when near new. There are several available with different AH capacities. ..the cheaper ones often having smaller batteries.

Edited by Chestrefeldian

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

Swift Challenger Hi Style 425 pushing a Ford Kuga AWD

Mixed results.

It started my 2. 2 diesel, well the four year old model did that I have from Aldi, and the compressor still pumps my tyres on the caravan to 62 psi.

The new model looks different to mine, but I would buy another, its cheap for what it does.

I bought one from Aldi some years ago and at first it was good and

started my petrol 406 when the battery went low. It would not start a friends diesel car and shortly after it wouldn't recharge the internal battery. The unit was still within the 3 yr warranty but I had to pay postage to return it and it was half the cost of the unit New so I didn't bother. I think the internal battery needs to be kept charged and used often to keep it in good condition.

Edited by Capricorn12

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

I think the internal battery needs to be kept charged and used often to keep it in good condition.

True I keep mine on charge with it's own plug in transformer on a day / week timer in the garage so it gets charged for a day once a week and it's still going strong. A neighbour was suprised when his expensive one gave up the ghost after a year when he only charged it twice after trying to start the car. Lets face it you wouldn't treat the van leisure or car battery the same and expect it to last would we ?

I bought one from Aldi some years ago and at first it was good and

started my petrol 406 when the battery went low. It would not start a friends diesel car and shortly after it wouldn't recharge the internal battery. The unit was still within the 3 yr warranty but I had to pay postage to return it and it was half the cost of the unit New so I didn't bother. I think the internal battery needs to be kept charged and used often to keep it in good condition.

Ours is on charge every day and still good,allowing a battery to discharge over time will shorten its life, if charged regularly they will last

I aint getting on no plane. ....FOOL !!!

Eterniti Genisis IB4 behind a VW Amarok