Blackmore C & C C Site, Worcestershire

We've booked this site as it was the closest we could get to the three counties show ground.

(The CC site nearby was fully booked for the dates we wanted in May)

I'm sure someone on here must have stayed there in the last year or so. just wondering if its as nice as the C & CC's own reviews of the site say it is?

I'm sure they were all genuine reviews, but they would tend to put the better ones to the top.

Thanks

Woodie.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Fantastic site. More friendlier than the CC site next door. We have stayed many times including new year. A nice easy walk down to the village and the pub. Bus stop outside entrance for Worcester or Upton on Severn opposite. Excellent walks from the site and Malvern a few minutes drive. 5 ***** from me. Entrance is on a bend so be careful and once on the driveway CC site is on the left and C&CC site on right. Enjoy

we have stayed there a few times for various shows. nice site, easy walk to the village and a nice pub/restaurant and only a few mins drive from the showground

Hi Woody, we stayed there last December it's a beautiful site toilet block is absolutely spotless there are some pubs near by we used the Plough the landlord makes his own sausages he also keeps a good pint the site wardens could not do enough for us. Easy to get to the site lovely to listen to the Owls at night if you are a bird lover Worcester is a lovely place to visit, as are the Malvern's.

Hope this was helpful to you

Have a good time

Hymerkid (Bob Smithers) :)

Cracking site, we stayed there for 4 nights last September .

Would concur with above posts and as good as the C. C site next door although it was dearer per night by £0. 70 .

FL currently at Camping La Manga, Cartagena, Spain😎😎😎

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2022 Skoda kodiaq Sportline 4x4 dsg 200PS

Stayed there on a few occasions, including a visit to the RHS Spring Festival show (or what it was called 3 years ago). Excellent site with a superb facilities block.

The Malvern Showground is about a 5 minute drive.

Chances are when you arrive at the C&CC site there could be a Caravan Club member at reception who has mistaken the entrance for the CC site. C&CC wardens have to be very patient on such occasions. There is a turning space especially for exit on these occasions.

John.

My earliest recollections of both the Blackmoor C&CC and CC sites are when both were one big army barracks with a very bored looking sentry on guard at the main entrance.

Later on, competing in the Sixty Motor Club’s driving competitions on what used to be "the parade ground".

Time I paid another visit methinks! :lol:

Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

Great site great location. Prettier than the cc site . The cc site is not open all year so may be closed until march. We use c&cc site a lot as it is an hour away from us.

If you have time visit Malvern and upton on Severn . Upton does or used to flood they have now built flood defences. The blackmore site has hard standings due to some parts being waterlogged. But it should be fine. My sister stores her van there. Have a look at the film of the site on you tube.

Thanks for the replies. Seems it is as nice as the reviews say it is. We're going for the RHS show in May, so not sure how much else we'll see but it sounds like I've booked the right site.

Woodie

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Definitely a great site. The Swan pub is about 10 mins walk away & does lovely food & well kept real ales, & if you get the chance, Malvern is nice for a wander (though a lot of steep hills for those with mobility issues) & there is a Weatherspoons there now (The Foley) but the food there is a bit 'hit & miss'. One of the local pubs (think it was The Blue Bell' (Marstons)) used to do a minibus service to & from the site on Friday or Saturday evenings - the food & ale there has always been good (we go to Malvern every October for the caravan show & stay on the showground - cheap & get to stock up on things for the following year!!) & always go to the Blue Bell on the evening we arrive as it's family friendly!

Enjoy your stay :)

2005 Bessacarr Cameo 635 gl & 2005 Nissan Terrano II SVE Di 3. 0l

When we were there a few years ago, we were on a hard stand, but it was like plastic mesh on grass. As it was wet weather, you can guess the rest - a mud bath!

I think more "proper" hard stands have gone in recently though.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

When we were there a few years ago, we were on a hard stand, but it was like plastic mesh on grass. As it was wet weather, you can guess the rest - a mud bath!

I think more "proper" hard stands have gone in recently though.

Russell

I hope so as it was a quagmire when we visited about 3 years back. B)

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

We stayed on the C & CC site in March 2012 and found two of the male wardens to be very rude. As a result we cancelled our C & CC membership and got a refund for the rest of the year. I cannot recommend the site if the same wardens are still there. The lady wardens were very nice, polite and helpful.

We had no problems with the wardens it was just the few pitches that were 'hard standing' were taken and the grass ones were waterlogged :o

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

New managers starting in march I just hope they are as good as the last.

There are parts that flood but they always cancel or use hard standings in bad weather. We were last Easter in the spring with snow . It was a bit muddy on the grass But those pitches were not in use. It was lovely .

Give it a try. The cc site is also nice and just next door. I'm sure they will have space if you want.

• 4 weeks later...

We were there in October. Lovely, quiet and peaceful. Truly relaxing.

We had one criticism which could not really be avoided and that was the time of year the toilet/shower block was a little cold.

Heaters were on and it took the edge off but like I say it was the time of the year.

We will go back here.

Car - Range Rover Autobiography and a Range Rover Vogue
Caravan - 2015 Compass Rallye 644 with Isabella Commodore, Isabella Magnum Coal 250 and Isabella Eclipse
Trailer - Sankey Mk3 Widebody

Our plans have changed yet again, so won't be going to Blackmore now. We were going to the RHS show at Malvern, but Mrs W's decided to go to Chelsea & Hampton Court instead.